• 6(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
HI

How does it handle fstab? can put your own fstab file in the config folder?

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:HI

How does it handle fstab? can put your own fstab file in the config folder?

cheers

let me know what you want to mount, there is no fstab support in OpenELEC.tv. but i can add you (mount) wishes in another way. (adding NFS shares are already on my todo list)
greetings, Stephan

I have a shared mysql library running on my server. All my htpc's connect to it, which means i need to mount an smb share to .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails so i can have synced thumbnails for all my htpc's

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
harryzimm Wrote:I have a shared mysql library running on my server. All my htpc's connect to it, which means i need to mount an smb share to .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails so i can have synced thumbnails for all my htpc's

cheers

ok, so i will add this on my todo list :-)
greetings, Stephan

Ok, thanks
First, thank you for this great distribution.

Here some issue/feedback:

I have downloaded r3255 generic 32bits and try to install it on an usb key with your tuto on this thread.
My first problem was a "No bootable partition in table" message when booting.
I had to flag the System partition as boot to avoid this. (I don't know if this is needed only for some motherboard but if not I think you should add it in your tuto)

Then I had a "Bad or damage bootable partition" message. I try to restart the tuto from the beginning with another usb key but I had the same problem again.

Finally I download the new image r3414 and now it's working.

Boot time is very good Smile
The new version of XBMC is a little bit surprising at the beginning (with the new add-on management) but seem's to be cool !

But in fact due to my last problem I can't fully test it : I have no lan network.
Doing ipcconfig -a give me only local loopback.
I don't know if it's normal, do I have to install it myself ? (I have an integrated network adapter, which should be generic)
If it should work, what should I check to found the error ?

And also one other stupid question, why aren't there generic 64bits image ?

Thank you in advance for answers
openelec.tv Wrote:let me know what you want to mount, there is no fstab support in OpenELEC.tv. but i can add you (mount) wishes in another way. (adding NFS shares are already on my todo list)

NFS etc.just to change the kernel config file..

i have to change the linux.i386.conf file for what i want..

like reiserfs file system ,chinese naming file,and so on ...
Hi,

Just wondering if any progress has been made to handle fstab? Its really the only thing stopping me from running it on my machines. Thanks and keep up the great work.

cheers
Hi Anarkia,

sorry for my late answer, i am very busy at the moment. firstly its great that OpenELEC.tv now starts for you, i will update my docus the next time. I know they are not perfect. It would be graet if anyone want help me with writing howtos and docus.

anarkia Wrote:But in fact due to my last problem I can't fully test it : I have no lan network.
Doing ipcconfig -a give me only local loopback.
I don't know if it's normal, do I have to install it myself ? (I have an integrated network adapter, which should be generic)
If it should work, what should I check to found the error ?

maybe your network driver is not integrated, please let me know what you have for an network chip. also if you can boot an other (working) linux (live) system the follw logs will help:
- output of 'dmesg', 'lsmod', 'lspci'
you can post them in the forum on http://www.openelec.tv or use the trac bugtracking system from openelec.tv

anarkia Wrote:And also one other stupid question, why aren't there generic 64bits image ?

every image needs a lot time to build (ca. 4 hours). if anyone need an 64bit generic image i can create this images too, but for my 5 images at the moment i need about 1 day to produce the images to release (also i must test all images), but its not an problem if i know anyone use/needs this.

thank you
greetings, Stephan

harryzimm Wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if any progress has been made to handle fstab? Its really the only thing stopping me from running it on my machines. Thanks and keep up the great work.

cheers

Harry :-)

i am in progress with this and some other new and nice things. i think i can release new images on friday. i am a bit busy at the moment, and i have a lot of todos i will integrate to the next version.

I hope I can surprise you with an new very interesting feature ;-)
greetings, Stephan

Stephan,
Could you recommend which build I should download for an Atom d510. I wasn't sure if I should use the Intel build or the Generic build. In case it matters the box also has Crystal HD chip and integrated Intel GMA 3150 video.

Thanks in advance.
BlackCatt Wrote:Stephan,
Could you recommend which build I should download for an Atom d510. I wasn't sure if I should use the Intel build or the Generic build. In case it matters the box also has Crystal HD chip and integrated Intel GMA 3150 video.

Thanks in advance.

Hi :-)

the generic image has *all* drivers included from the other images, and some more. so you generally can test first the generic image (but it should work with the intel image too). i dont know if some additional drivers are needed for your hardware, but if it not work let me know this, so i can add the drivers (maybe i need some logs and outputs from an booted live linux system to see what i must change)

thanks
greetings, Stephan

Hi,

I've looked over your git tree and didn't find any reference to bluez.
Can i presume a bluetooth keyboard/touchepad combination will not work?

Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro
openelec.tv Wrote:Harry :-)

i am in progress with this and some other new and nice things. i think i can release new images on friday. i am a bit busy at the moment, and i have a lot of todos i will integrate to the next version.

I hope I can surprise you with an new very interesting feature ;-)

Sounds great. Looking forward to testing Smile

cheers
Hi Stephan,

Thank you for answering (you aren't late, I know you have a lot to do)

I don't remember the name of the motherboard, but lspci give me this :
Ethernet controller: ALi Corporation ULi 1689,1573 integrated ethernet. (rev 40)
Is it enough for you ? (if not I can send you full log of the 3 commands or open the computer to check the motherboard name).

For the 64 bits version I don't specially need it. I was just wondering was is the best between 32 vs 64 but I don't want to test with a full linux install. As openelec could be installed in a few minutes I think it was a good way to make me an opinion between 32 and 64. But it's not a problem, I don't think 64 bits will change my life Wink

Also I don't know if I'm very unlucky but I have another (big) problem:
When I start a movie xbmc crash. It append first with a 720 mkv then I try with a simple divx and I had the same problem. After rebooting I checked on the usb key but the logfile is empty.

I saw that you are adding game support, this is a great feature !

Thank you,

Anarkia
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8