XBMC Live 9.11 a1 / a2 problems... via USB
Hi All.

I'm trying to install XBMC Live on an Intel Atom / Ion PC, but as the process is different to previous methods I appear to be running into some problems.

Basically, I don't have a CD drive in the atom computer, so historically I've installed XBMC live via usb.

To do so, I have used the unetbootin method described in the stickies. Now obviously in this method there is a part where you need to edit the CFG file and change cd for usb, which doesn't appear to apply here.

When I turn the PC on and select boot from USB using this method however, all I get at the grey 'unetbootin' screen is 'Default' with nothing else listed... the PC begins to boot and eventually gives up by dropping to a prompt with the error (see attached screenshot).

Trying to build a Live USB from the Live CD options on 9.11a2.

It asks me for username and password, not like 9.04.

Then it brings me to another prompt expecting an answer - I try 'install xbmc', it prompts for a drive. I can't get anything to work.

My linux knowledge is limited. I'm a quick learner, but can't find a guide that will get this job done.

There was another thread that talked about installing the image using unetbootin, but I'm not sure this is what I should do...
'installXBMC', or something like that from the command line after you've logged in.
sudo installXBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.11 a1 / a2 problems... via USB0