Unnecessary DVD Decryption Delay
Some background, I have my dvd collection stored as decrypted isos on a nas. I have recently setup a new xbmc client using an asrock ion 330, with the 9.11 alpha 2 build.

On this setup I have noticed significant delays when attempting to play a dvd iso for the first time, after looking at the logs it appears to be attempting to brute force decrypt the dvd css, which given that it is already decrypted is resulting in significant (>30 second), unnecessary, delays, prior to starting playback.

I do not see these kind of delays running xbmc on my xbox, however I did notice this was an issue a few people had started threads on a year ago. Did this issue creep back into the latest builds?
Hmmm, this seems to be worse in 9.11 beta 2, I just had an already decrypted dvd file take 5 minutes to "decrypt". The system actually looks like it is freezing when this happens too, mouse is unusable and the time doesn't change.
I had the same, untill I used NFS and now it is instant. Have you tried NFS? With Samba I had delays up to a minute.

I read elsewhere that it is actuallt not the decrypting, but the complex menu's that are to blame. Haven't tried yet but you could check with a movie without a menu.
awesome thanks!!!!!! that worked great! no more delays Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unnecessary DVD Decryption Delay0