[MAC] Playing back m4v files
Hello,
i recently downloaded some movie trailers in m4v format and wanted to play them on my MacMini using XBMC (latest Alpha 2 build) but it did not start.

Any ideas on this one? And if there is no possibility but converting the files, is there a way to do it with Automator? I tried to do it, but it tells me there is an error but won't tell me why.
In Automator i just had two action. Fist finding the m4v files and second exporting it to Quicktime format....

Thanks a lot, BliBlaBlo
BliBlaBlo Wrote:Hello,
i recently downloaded some movie trailers in m4v format and wanted to play them on my MacMini using XBMC (latest Alpha 2 build) but it did not start.

Any ideas on this one? And if there is no possibility but converting the files, is there a way to do it with Automator? I tried to do it, but it tells me there is an error but won't tell me why.
In Automator i just had two action. Fist finding the m4v files and second exporting it to Quicktime format....

Thanks a lot, BliBlaBlo

xbmc.log file please
Hi...
thanks for helping....
Here's the link to my logfile: xbmc.log

Thanks a lot
Any guess what the problem could be?
BliBlaBlo Wrote:Any guess what the problem could be?

looks like you have Karaoke enable, might turn that off.

also where can I find 300-trailer.m4v for testing, CDVDAudioCodecLibFaad is barfing all over the place.
Thanks for your reply...
Here's the link to the trailer: Link
//edit: the links seems to be dead... i PM you a link to my file...
About the karaoke thing... that was turned on indeed (i didn't even know that feature existed Wink ) but even when turning it off again the trailer won't play...
Thanks
BliBlaBlo Wrote:Thanks for your reply...
Here's the link to the trailer: Link
//edit: the links seems to be dead... i PM you a link to my file...
About the karaoke thing... that was turned on indeed (i didn't even know that feature existed Wink ) but even when turning it off again the trailer won't play...
Thanks

The file you made available show the video fourcc as "drmi", that's iTunes DRM encrypted. Neither XBMC nor any other media app except quicktime player can play it.

EDIT: found another post of yours that says "the trailer itself can be played with vlc and with quicktime". Which VLC version ?

Now why a silly trailer is DRM encrypted is another story, where did this file come from ?
Ok, that explains a lot...
The trailer comes from iTunes. I wrote about it in this thread.
You can try it with VLC. It plays fine with me.
So there's also no possibility to get this movie running in XBMC?

Thanks for your effort Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Playing back m4v files0