Permission Denied
Hi,

I have installed the latest alpha build (alpha 2) of xbmc live from the xbmc website onto a usb hard disk. Everything boots up fine and I can access the usb disk via winSCP.

I would like to change the xorg.conf file so I can have the proper resolutions displayed but I keep getting a permission denied dialogue. I do not seem to have write access to the usb disk. Please can people help!

I would also like to mount the internal ntfs drive but I cannot find the file menu.lst - I have looked in all grub folders.

Cheers

Rob
Quote: file menu.lst

grub.cfg

Quote: via winSCP

From what I have read this not a very nice tool since you need to login as root for it to work. Google it.
If alpha2 uses grub2 like karmic, it's in /etc/grub.d/40_custom and it uses a new syntax.
Thanks guys,

I am a complete Linux noob, so i wanted to use Live for minimum fuss.

I have changed the line in Grub.cfg and this has showed the first partition on my internal NTFS hard drive - is there any way of mounting the second partition on the same disk as this has all my movies on it.

Also I'm completely stumped with xorg.conf - I can't login as root to overwrite the config file in the etc\ directory, so I tried placing the updated xorg.conf in the live\config folder. I thought this would update the file in the system, but it appears to have made no difference. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Permission Denied0