Missing Dim LCD on Playback option
Hi XBMC Users,

I use XBMC now for 3+ years, and I am very happy with it!
I use a minimal Karmic installation with XBMC 9.11 beta1, and for that, I used 9.04 Stable.

But, after the upgrade, the option 'Dim LCD on Playback' is removed, the LCD is always dimmed on playback. Because I have an Antec Fusion, the LCD screen is alwyas lighted up, and that is not looking cool ;-)

How can I disable the option 'Dim LCD on Playback'?

Charles
See LCD.xml.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Will xbmc update the LCD.xml as I have customised mine. Also looked on the wiki and no mention of dimming..

Thanks
i happen to have one of those in my htpc, but it's still running a pre settings cleanup version of xbmc, so i can't test it myself...

add this to advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<lcd>
        <disableonplayback>0</disableonplayback>
    </lcd>

and let me know if that does the trick. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@MentalBlock,

No, XBMC won't update the lcd.xml after upgrading. My customizations are still working after the upgrade from alpha1 to beta1 Smile

@roni,
I will test it in the afternoon, thanks for you tipSmile
@ronie - tried what you said but seemed to make no odds Sad but then it could be my lcd and not xbmc.

I have looked on the wiki and the following is the only information about lcds and no mention of dimming or turning off back light.

So in advancedsettings.xml you can use the following: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml
<lcd>
<rows>4</rows> <!-- Number of rows to use for the LCD. -->
<columns>20</columns> <!-- Number of columns to use for the LCD. -->
<address1>0</address1> <!-- Memory address for row 1. -->
<address2>20</address2> <!-- Memory address for row 2. -->
<address3>64</address3> <!-- Memory address for row 3. -->
<address4>84</address4> <!-- Memory address for row 4. -->
<heartbeat>true</heartbeat> <!-- Enables LCDprocs heartbeat symbol. Defaults to false. -->
<scrolldelay>2</scrolldelay> <!-- Delay of the scroller widget. Defaults to 1. -->
</lcd>

Would be interested in what the memory address fields actually do.

And in LCD.xml you can set the following: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=LCD.xml
The file contains several sections representing each functions:
* Navigation (Used for Navigation in menus)
* Music (Used when listening to music)
* Video (Used when watching videos)
* General (General Display, when no activity)
* Xbelaunch (Used for displaying the label of the currently running Game or Application)

Appears to be only display options

One thing I would like is an option to set how long before the 'General' displayed information appears. Currently it seems quite quick and if you think for too long it appears. not important but would be nice Smile
None of those advancedsettings apply.

I've updated the LCD.xml documentation as to the tag to use for disabling it during playback. Note that you could have got that information directly just by looking at the default LCD.xml file in SVN.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanx jm!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for updating the Wiki Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Dim LCD on Playback option0