starting 9.11 b1 as a shell problem
Hi to all,

I've used XBMC 9.04 on XP and starting it as a shell with SilentLaunch Method. Everything worked great. Recently i changed it to 9.11 b1. Configured everything the way i wanted and added library. Then i made the same steps in SilentLaunch metod as i done with previous release.
When windows starts it says that Program XBMC made incorrect action and will be closed. Then windows starts with explorer.exe shell. Then when I run XBMC from start menu everything is fine.

Does anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it?

Edit: EventGhost metod does the same.
I too have had the same problem. I've tried modifying the .cfg file for silentlaunch to remove the extra commands, but it hasn't helped either. would really like to get this fixed, i'm looking forward to the new skins!
I have a similar issue. I use eventghost to start XBMC but I do not have eventghost as the shell (I do auto-start eventghost on startup though). XBMC would start fine with 9.04 but with 9.11, I see the XBMC logo then it minimized itself. If I click on it, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it's very slow and I need to kill it. I still use the PM3.HD skin.
I've put XBMC into auto start and it solwes the case for now. Unexpectedly XBMC starts much faster than it did while making it a shell.
Waiting for final release. Maybe it will solve the problem.
I've tried this as well and it did not work for me. One thing that has changed in my environment is the upgrade to ATI 9.11, maybe it plays a role there. Actually I upgraded the ATI drivers to 9.11, found out that XBMC 9.04 was not working anymore, upgraded to XBMC 9.11 and this is where the auto-start stopped working.
I updated to beta 2 and I still have the same problem (xbmc minimize itself right after launching). Does anyone has the same issue? Does anyone know how to solve it?

Well, I did find a way to solve it. If I use the 'Use full windows instead of true full screen' then it starts fine. But then I have some problem playing some of the movie. I get the movie broken (when there are a lot of actions) into what seems to be 3 horizontal sections, it jitter a bit... looks like the refresh rate is bad. True full screen does not have this issue (or at least it is not noticeable).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
starting 9.11 b1 as a shell problem0