Improvements for entering time to jump to in HH:MM
First thing I noticed with the 9.11 beta1 release is the ability to jump to a specific time during playback using the numerics on the remote. Woohoo ! great stuff. Would it be possible to reverse the number entry so it is quicker to enter times ? eg. numbers enter right to left so pressing

'1' '5' = 15 mins

'4' = 4 mins

'1' '2' '1' = 1 hour 21 mins

It would also be cool if the entry could be confirmed "Enter" so an accidental numeric press wouldnt jump to a time during playback.

I know I could have placed a feature request but pehaps Im missing something with my suggestion that would not work well. So feel free to support or flame Big Grin
HW : Multiple Asrock 330HT + NAS
SYS: xbmc-live 10.0
I see no problem with this - I've often been pissed when I accidentally input a silly time - though to be fair just hitting a bunch of other numbers "cancels" it?

Not sure quite how well it works if you start entering a 5 though...

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I can see that entering time would need some validation [HH:MM]00:71 or when input exceeds the total play time.

How about using a percentage value instead ?

only 2 remote keypresses '00' - '99' with 'ok' or 'enter' to initiate jump
HW : Multiple Asrock 330HT + NAS
SYS: xbmc-live 10.0
also extremely useless. 'you have to check this scene. it's at 73% into the movie'. ever had that happening?
Times are more intuitive I think - easier to remember.

I think all we'd do it interpret as minutes if 2 digits, hours if more than 2, and ignore if more than the length of the movie.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improvements for entering time to jump to in HH:MM0