• 16(current)
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]
erhnam Wrote:Juanflaco, where do I need to extract the icons to? I'm not sure if all icons are used, so maybe you can tell me which ones you replaced?

The icons need to be placed in ../Alaska/media/homeicons. They definitely aren't all used. I'm still playing around with them a bit, but this is currently what my homeicons directory looks like...

The "Vintage" directory contains the ones that aren't currently used.
Can I suggest you make a Textures.xpr of all the textures you've used as well as the color.xml so as to make it easier for others to switch to it.
Hitcher Wrote:Can I suggest you make a Textures.xpr of all the textures you've used as well as the color.xml so as to make it easier for others to switch to it.

Yeah, I'd love to but the terms of distribution for the wallpaper and icons require a readme to be included with them. Can I sneak a text file into the Textures.xpr and if so, could someone point me to some documentation on how to build it?
I'd leave the readme outside the Textures.xpr otherwise no-one can read it.

Download - XPR Express

Then simply make a media folder with only your new textures in it, run XPR Express, select Compress, point to your new media folder for the Source and anywhere for the Destination and hit Compress. It'll output a Textures.xpr which you simply name the same as your color.xml and then place in the media folder.
Hitcher Wrote:I'd leave the readme outside the Textures.xpr otherwise no-one can read it.

Download - XPR Express

Then simply make a media folder with only your new textures in it, run XPR Express, select Compress, point to your new media folder for the Source and anywhere for the Destination and hit Compress. It'll output a Textures.xpr which you simply name the same as your color.xml and then place in the media folder.
Awesome. Thanks Hitcher. I don't know how you manage to crank out such great work and also take the time to help so much.
Rialto

Download zip file with theme and instructions here. Please post any issues or suggestions.

Enjoy!
Looks good, glad you got everything working as you wanted.
Juanflaco Wrote:Rialto

Please post any issues or suggestions.

Enjoy!

Thanks for this, very nice. One issue I've found for me is with the texture and color scheme, the black font for titles and movie info is tough to read.
A couple more colours for you to play around with -

PHP Code:
<color name="CodecDiffuse">-</color>
<
color name="StudioDiffuse">-</color
gabbott Wrote:Thanks for this, very nice. One issue I've found for me is with the texture and color scheme, the black font for titles and movie info is tough to read.

Thanks for the feedback. It's tough to strike a balance when using any sort of background image. For those wondering how movie info looks, I realize I didn't include a screenshot earlier.

I settled on a balance which works for me but I'll tinker with it and see if I can make the text pop a little more without just making it all black.
Juanflaco Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. It's tough to strike a balance when using any sort of background image. For those wondering how movie info looks, I realize I didn't include a screenshot earlier.

I settled on a balance which works for me but I'll tinker with it and see if I can make the text pop a little more without just making it all black.

Hey

Any chance you could post the new xml up for this color scheme?

Thanks a lot
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
328iGuy Wrote:Hey

Any chance you could post the new xml up for this color scheme?

Thanks a lot
I recommend using the download link which contains both the xml and a texture pack. That way you can switch in and out of the theme with a click, or just use the colors without the background or replacement icons (by using the default theme with Rialto colors.)
Juanflaco Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. It's tough to strike a balance when using any sort of background image. For those wondering how movie info looks, I realize I didn't include a screenshot earlier.

I can understand getting that balance. It was my first reaction when I started using it but I'm going to use it for a bit and see how it works for me. I like the overall color tone.
gabbott Wrote:I can understand getting that balance. It was my first reaction when I started using it but I'm going to use it for a bit and see how it works for me. I like the overall color tone.
One thing I just noticed; it depends a lot on the display calibration. I read this page a moment ago on my phone and the text in my screenshot was barely legible, even zoomed on a decent screen (Moto Droid). Must have to do with brightness/contrast/saturation. What looks fine on one screen can apparently look real bad on another Sad

I hesitate suggesting display adjustment, particularly if you're happy with how your other content looks, but it might be worth a shot. I used an Avia calibration DVD and am really happy with the results (I ended up having to turn saturation way down from the default.)

edit: of course the easiest fix if you just like the color tone would be to use the default theme with Rialto colors. You can then apply just the icons which were linked earlier in the thread.
Juanflaco...just wanted to thank you for this excellent theme. Although I like having the sub-menus in Home Style 1, I can not resist Home Style 2 because the vintage icons look so nice, especially with the wallpaper.

I too am having a little difficulty with the back text on the wallpaper though the readability varies depending on the display mode I have my TV set too (which I change often anyway depending on the room lighting and what I am watching anyway). Not sure if this would help a little but how would I try to lighten the wallpaper a little bit (if even possible). Thanks!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]0