• 24(current)
[LINUX] Problems compiling crystalhd branch
Davilla,

One question. Assuming the ATV will only be used for XBMC, Ubuntu 9.10 or ATV OS? You're probably the only person who has used both Smile

EDIT: Actually I think I know the answer to that considering the ATV is still not capable of actually outputting 1080p.
I think AT OS is better because it's especificly done for aTV... Ubuntu 9.10, may be, is to heavy for aTV.

BR
dan1son Wrote:Davilla,

One question. Assuming the ATV will only be used for XBMC, Ubuntu 9.10 or ATV OS? You're probably the only person who has used both Smile

EDIT: Actually I think I know the answer to that considering the ATV is still not capable of actually outputting 1080p.

Depends it you want access to iTunes store under frontrow ? Ubuntu 8.04 seems snapper and I can setup for 1080p display. There's some issue with that under XBMC for Mac that I've not resolved yet.
davilla Wrote:There's some issue with that under XBMC for Mac that I've not resolved yet.

For example?
i5Js Wrote:For example?

It's pretty technical, are you asking to help resolve them or just for info ?
Ok Ok, I whish I could help us... It's just info Tongue
One question, to download, compile and install XBMC on my aTV (under aTV OS) I have to download it form svn and compile it in an iMac for expample haven't I? Then copy to aTV?

BR
i5Js Wrote:One question, to download, compile and install XBMC on my aTV (under aTV OS) I have to download it form svn and compile it in an iMac for expample haven't I? Then copy to aTV?

BR

Yep, don't forget the macports (see http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-port-depends/ ) also you must configure with "--enable-crystalhd" or support for it will not be compiled in. And of course CrystalHD lib/headers must be installed or configure will not find them.
Thanks Davilla, I just compiled and installed libs and headers in my MacBookPro, I'm downloading XMBC source code.... Let's see macports.

BR
Sorry about this Offtopic:

Davilla and Co, you are the man!

dmesg on my aTV

Code:
BroadcomCrystalHD::start
allocated 18 elem
Starting BCM70012 Device
clock is moving to 175 with n 35 with vco_mg 2
CStopping BCM70012 Device
BroadcomCrystalHD: Found HW and started driver SW.
a trick to load the kext at boot time: assuming that kextload is installed, just edit /etc/rc.local and add this line:

/sbin/kextload -v 'path where kext reside'/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

BR
i5Js Wrote:a trick to load the kext at boot time: assuming that kextload is installed, just edit /etc/rc.local and add this line:

/sbin/kextload -v 'path where kext reside'/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

BR

best make sure the owner and permissions are correct or kextload will refuse to load the kext. http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/ has updated info.
You're right, I forgot the owner and permissions, but in my case, I have the right one.
I'm trying to compile it, but I get this error with ./configure --enable-crystalhd

configure: WARNING: boost/shared_ptr.hpp: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: boost/shared_ptr.hpp: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes

and finally

checking for MMS... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

EDIT: libmms installed
I am following theses instructions

$ cd $HOME/XBMC
$ export XBMC_HOME=`pwd`
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --enable-crystalhd
$ make xcode_depends
$ xcodebuild -sdk macosx10.4 -project XBMC.xcodeproj -target XBMC.app -configuration Release build

But I can't... I get this error

/bin/sh -c /Users/jsalas/crystalhd/XMBC/trunk/build/XBMC.build/Release/XBMC.app.build/Script-81B8FC150E7D927A00354E2E.sh

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
XBMC:
CompileC build/XBMC.build/Release/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/i386/CrystalHD.o /Users/jsalas/crystalhd/XMBC/trunk/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/CrystalHD.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
(1 failure)

any ideas?

BR
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Problems compiling crystalhd branch2