• 2(current)
WIP Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)
Any updates on this?
D0nR0sa Wrote:Any updates on this?
yes, we have begun to build the skin

Previously, we have clarified what is Realizable and in what form
You could borrow images from Pear-o-dy for MythTV:

eumel Wrote:yes, we have begun to build the skin

Previously, we have clarified what is Realizable and in what form

We are currently working on the home screen cover flow (proving a bit of a challenge due to the focused movie cover not always being the center image.)

will hopefully have an alpha out sometime in February (i say hopefully)

do let either myself or eumel know of anything you want added etc.
Just thought I would update people on our progress with this skin, Things are going well yet a few running into a few problems with achieving a few ATV animations and effects. particularly the cover-flow it the top of the screen (If you watch a video of its movements and how its navigated, you will understand the trouble) and the music full screen playing window (the rotating of the info every 180° and the transitions for next song and previous song).

Here are a few teaser images of our current progress...

Home (Movies)

Home (TV Shows)

Home (Music)

Music (Album Level)

PS:A short teaser video will follow once things get a bit polished Wink
Looking good mate.
I hope this becomes a 1:1 replica (with the extra xmbc features) of the Apple TV 3.0, can't wait!!

P.S. Can I test an unfinished build?
Nemesis7 Wrote:I hope this becomes a 1:1 replica (with the extra XBMC features) of the Apple TV 3.0, can't wait!!

P.S. Can I test an unfinished build?

Yes we are aiming for a 1:1 replica (some areas are quite hard to do as xbmc doesnt provide the features to do it easily in the skinning engine)

We are still building view types etc but when we get an alpha ready you are more than welcome to try it out!

can you send me a pm so i don't forget to send you a link when the alpha is ready?

nice to see that people are interested in this

-WinGmaN
WinGmaN Wrote:Yes we are aiming for a 1:1 replica (some areas are quite hard to do as xbmc doesnt provide the features to do it easily in the skinning engine)

Hope that you are making progress and that we'll see alpha soon.

I don't know how complicated it would be, but if you could make it native 1080 it would be nice.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I registered to add my support to this project!

I would love to test the skin too. This is especially welcome, surrounding the hype of the Broadcom crystal HD developments - I would like to have XBMC look as much like the native AppleTV interface as possible.

I can host the skin files for you, if you need somewhere to put the downloads.

Thomas
pecinko Wrote:Hope that you are making progress and that we'll see alpha soon.

I don't know how complicated it would be, but if you could make it native 1080 it would be nice.
We are making good progress, only a few issues, not all animations are possible with xbmc.
At the Moment the skin is in 720p, i will discuss it with WinGmaN, he is the guy, which makes the textures Big Grin

Britannia Wrote:I registered to add my support to this project!

I would love to test the skin too. This is especially welcome, surrounding the hype of the Broadcom crystal HD developments - I would like to have XBMC look as much like the native AppleTV interface as possible.

I can host the skin files for you, if you need somewhere to put the downloads.

Thomas
send a PM to WinGmaN, we are always interessted in help.
eumel Wrote:send a PM to WinGmaN, we are always interessted in help.

I don't think he actually makes the textures as they are ripped from the original Apple TV firmware (which operates at 720p). A 1080p version should be doable in the future I guess. Can't wait to see this man!!

The coverflow animation doesn't seem too complicated. It's the regular iTunes cover flow, but it has a wider 'base' and starts with two empty placeholders to the left. The problem might me when changing media that a new coverflow window flies in.

Is it possible to read (unprotected) m4v file tags (title, plot, director, etc.) directly?

Like I said... can't wait!!
Nemesis7 Wrote:I don't think he actually makes the textures as they are ripped from the original Apple TV firmware (which operates at 720p). A 1080p version should be doable in the future I guess. Can't wait to see this man!!
the textures are all drawn, the original serves as a template
order does not violate any copyrights and notices
Nemesis7 Wrote:The coverflow animation doesn't seem too complicated. It's the regular iTunes cover flow, but it has a wider 'base' and starts with two empty placeholders to the left. The problem might me when changing media that a new coverflow window flies in.
thats not right, at the moment the coverflow animation is not possible
how you can see here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65491
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64298
Nemesis7 Wrote:Is it possible to read (unprotected) m4v file tags (title, plot, director, etc.) directly?
thats a question i don't know, you should ask in another forum, general xbmc, not in skin developement.
Nemesis7 Wrote:Like I said... can't wait!!
Can't wait... aarrrghhh! :p
Quote:Originally Posted by Nemesis7 Image
Can't wait to see this man!!

Originally Posted by Nemesis7 Image
[i]Like I said... can't wait!!

Originally Posted by Nemesis7 Image
Can't wait... aarrrghhh! :p

It's getting worse, isn't it? Nod

[/i]
My skins:

Amber
Quartz