• 8(current)
WIP Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)
pecinko Wrote:Did you solve your HW problem? I have a spare PC.
Yes hardware problem is solved.

It takes longer then 3 weeks to get this skin working, Wingman and I do this as a hobby, so we have a few, but not much hours a week for skinning.
Another Problem is, that Wingman and I live in different timezones (12-13 hours), so i'm online/awake if wingman sleeps Wink so we have spare time to talk/discuss skin related things.
Time for a small update:

I have moved house twice in the last two months and have been waiting for my server case for the last 3 1/2 months. I have now got my server up and running and started sorting media back onto it. I have also purchased a new computer and have both a 32" 1080p Sony TV as my primary display but also a second 17" LCD for coding on. I am currently liaising with Eumel about resuming this project. so fear not...

This Skin is not Dead and is still under development

We are currently tiding up code and ensuring things are lean and mean to allow it to be snappy on ION/Apple TV systems. I am currently creating artwork and graphics files while Eumel codes.

our plan is to get the skin to basic Alpha stage and then release it via a 3rd party addon (similar to what Hitcher had for "Alaska" before the skin was moved to the official XBMC addons repo)

We will also set-up a trac/issues site similar to the embermm.com site to allow bug reporting and feature requests. this will allow all users to see the current status of the skin and to avoid duplicate features requests and bug reports. it will also give users a timeline to see how we are tracking.

So to all those who are hanging out for this skin. please fear not as it will be back under development soon and to remind users that we do this for fun and have RealLife ™ that does take priority. Also as Eumel said. we are 12-13 hours apart so communication is done via Google docs and MSN offline messages unless we are online at the same time.

Regards,

-WingmanNZ
Wow that's good news mate, good news. Can't wait for the alpha!
If you ask me, we have really deserved a youtube teaser video... What do you think Nemesis7? :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

2+
Hahaha, you're so right man. I think our loyalty should be rewarded Smile
To those that are interested, I am having a hard time translating the Apple TV Style Settings into something that is fluid and apple-like for XBMC. I am reaching out to this users who are interested in providing mock-ups etc for Apple TV like settings for XBMC.

thanks,

WingmanNZ
Would love to help, but not sure if i have the skills needed.
What is it specifically you are after ?
Mate, is it time for an alpha/beta release? Smile
ABsolutely fantastic - it almost brings a tear to my eye - sniff

can't wait!
This sounds fantastic!

Is it possible that you can add a button for the subtitle add-on?
Like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75437
Has this skin died?
Hope Not !
Was looking forward to this one.Huh
djwhite Wrote:Hope Not !
Was looking forward to this one.Huh

WingmanNZ & Eumel will know better, but I don't think it's dead.Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:WingmanNZ & Eumel will know better, but I don't think it's dead.Smile

Defiantly not dead..... We are still coding, slowly but due to it being holiday season both of us are enjoying time with family and friends. coding will resume as the new year settles in.

Happy New Year!!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)5