• 6(current)
.MKV Subtitles not displaying on XBMC
Them tickets are 4 months old looks like this will never be added and it's a shame as more and more movies are using forced subs because of none English speaking parts.

Cheers
meridius Wrote:Them tickets are 4 months old looks like this will never be added and it's a shame as more and more movies are using forced subs because of none English speaking parts.

Cheers

http://lifehacker.com/5401954/programmer...ow-to-code

Smile
lol
edit: ok, fixed as of http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/33972. cheers elupus Smile
So are the forced subs working now in the latest build ? If so thanks very much for fixing this as it's a hugh deal for me and alot of people
Meridius - why not download and try it for yourself http://sshcs.com/xbmc/
yes they are working as of r33972.
Thanks I will give it ago and let u know how it pans out but thanks once again for adding this
Thanks a million to however corrected this - working perfectly.
Hi there just tested it on a DVD rip and works great took some working out how to set the susb up in the mkv files.

I used mkvtool and set it up like this

English subs
default = NO
Forced = NO

Forced Subs
Default = Yes
Forced = Yes

I had it set up like this which worked in xbmc but did not work with VLC Player which i use to play around with before i add it to xbmc

English subs
default = YES
Forced = NO

Forced Subs
Default = NO
Forced = Yes

having it set like that mad eit work in xbmc but in other players it would just play the english subs and not the forced subs so i have to make the forced subs the default subs as well so that the other players would play the forced subs and not the none forced subs.

but anyway it works like a dream now and i am very greatfull for you all adding this and your hard work

cheers
furii Wrote:yes they are working as of r33972.

I've been tearing my hair out trying to get the forced subs to work in the mkv of Gran Torino that I created. I've been playing around with mkvpropedit, & mkvinfo tells me they are enabled however xbmc would never display them forced by default. I've just installed r34016 and all is good. Many thanks.

Also, can anyone point me in the right direction to find out how to decipher the stats shown by the O key? Thanks.
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
is this working with every new version? I mean we are already at version:
Quote:Dharma with Installer - Revision: 34078 - Updated on 9/22/2010 9:59:01 PM

Is this the right one? Or do I have to use the r33972 (which I cannot find) ?
No the version referred to was the first one where the change appeared - subsequent versions will continue to have that feature included (unless of course it proves troublesome and is removed).
Ah ok. I just realized that "xbmc-r33778-Dharma_beta2.exe" is too old for the subtitle issue. So I have to use newer one, but which one?
I'm using Windows 7 and have a geforce graphics card (for dxva2). There are 3 different versions, which one is to prefer?
1) Windows DX
2) Dharma Branch
3) Windows DX Installer

I think 1) and 3) is almost the same, the only difference is the installer. But what about the Dharma Branch? Should i download and install dharma or Windows DX?

thanks for the answer...
m0bbed
Yip 1 and 3 the same, would be inclined to go for Dharma (that is going to be the next release and is currently in pre-release beta).
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.MKV Subtitles not displaying on XBMC0