• 186(current)
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide
what method do people use to get sickbeard to look for and download the newest eps as soon as they have aired?

i noticed last night when i went to bed that the newest doctor who ep was scheduled to come out in 2hrs time.

i woke up a good 12hrs later and it still hadn't downloaded it, i ended up getting it manually.

is there a way to setup sickbeard to get the newest eps straight away or will i have to setup an rss feed?
As long as you have providers configured, it should do it automatically.
frieten Wrote:what method do people use to get sickbeard to look for and download the newest eps as soon as they have aired?

i noticed last night when i went to bed that the newest doctor who ep was scheduled to come out in 2hrs time.

i woke up a good 12hrs later and it still hadn't downloaded it, i ended up getting it manually.

is there a way to setup sickbeard to get the newest eps straight away or will i have to setup an rss feed?

I think this was probably a Doctor Who specific problem - SB has trouble finding it sometimes because the TMDB name is 'Doctor Who (2005)' but is often isn't posted with that name.
vikjon0 Wrote:well, have you looked in config/ post process?
You have a scan and process tick box

If you select a folder that is NOT your download dir it will not conflict with the SABnzbd sorting. Then you can manually move the files you want re-sort into this folder.

BTW, the manual post processing does not seem to be per show...so that would be another possibility.

Ah, I didn't realize that's what that did. Thanks for the tip! Got everything sorted fairly easily.
dannycorker Wrote:I think this was probably a Doctor Who specific problem - SB has trouble finding it sometimes because the TMDB name is 'Doctor Who (2005)' but is often isn't posted with that name.

ok cheers thanks for the info, noticed it downloaded the new game of thrones almost as soon as it came out so i know its working Smile
frieten Wrote:ok cheers thanks for the info, noticed it downloaded the new game of thrones almost as soon as it came out so i know its working Smile

ECEC Wrote:Well, I would have sworn there was a setting in SB to add items using a High priority, but I can't find it. Items are added as high, though, at least using the direct method.

Heh, I noticed that too. ECEC, it looks like the direct method involves some magic, as todays Game of Thrones skipped the queue of 400+ backlog episodes with a normal priority. Big Grin

Now thats sorted, I can go back to watching the paint dry, or more importantly, the backlog being downloaded.
How do I fix this error occurring with Dragon Ball Z? After SB hits the 39th episode it gives this error.
Quote:Episode C:\Users\Media\Videos\TV\Dragon Ball Z\Dragon Ball Z 1x40.mkv returned an exception: Couldn't find episode 1x40
See here: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...1041&lid=7

So... Episode 01X40 probably is 02X01

TheTVDB does not list a 40th episode for season 01.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Using this on my media setup - awesome application, I no longer have to browse tvrage every day to see what was on the night before to download lol

I just had a question in regards to quality setup - is it possible to create a quality profile that would download old aired episodes in SD, but new unaired episodes in HD as they air?

I dont mind my back catalogue of titles being in SD due to the sheer quantity, hdd space and bandwidth limitations - but I would very much like new shows/episodes to be in HD.

Eg
Doctor Who - I want that to download episodes as they air in HD, but fill my back catalogue gaps in SD

Thanks
HenryFord Wrote:See here: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...1041&lid=7

So... Episode 01X40 probably is 02X01

TheTVDB does not list a 40th episode for season 01.

Oh yes. Thanks. I changed Episode forty to S02E01 and it worked. Thanks.
Some answers on some questions :

* Priority : when using direct methode SB should set the following :

- Backlog : Low quality
- new episodes : High quality

* Doctor Who

- There is a scene exception in place for this , so it will grab also Doctor Who (2005)

* Dragonball / Anime

- SB does not support anime , this means it might work but not 100% , in the SB forum there is a special Anime branch in development

* More qualiteis for 1 show :

- This is not possible
- Workaround :
++ add the show with HD & all episodes skipped.
++ Then SB should find all episodes you already have
++ You can then set the quality to HD & it should only grab the newest
releases in HD

And for all other questions I suggest to also look in the SickBeard Forum , as a llot is answered & asked there already .. and more people around there to answer ;-)
rascalli Wrote:Some answers on some questions :

* Priority : when using direct methode SB should set the following :

- Backlog : Low quality
- new episodes : High quality

* Doctor Who

- There is a scene exception in place for this , so it will grab also Doctor Who (2005)

* Dragonball / Anime

- SB does not support anime , this means it might work but not 100% , in the SB forum there is a special Anime branch in development

* More qualiteis for 1 show :

- This is not possible
- Workaround :
++ add the show with HD & all episodes skipped.
++ Then SB should find all episodes you already have
++ You can then set the quality to HD & it should only grab the newest
releases in HD

And for all other questions I suggest to also look in the SickBeard Forum , as a llot is answered & asked there already .. and more people around there to answer ;-)

It Does Support Anime, so long as it is on thetvdb.
my setup is as follows on a windows 7 ultimate system with sp1

one shared folder named tv shows on drive D:\ with various tv shows located within
due to lack of space on drive D:\ i've installed a 2 TB drive E:\
on this new drive, i have a shared folder named tv shows2 with various tv shows located within. also on this drive is E:\sickbearddownloads\complete.
when sickbeard completes the post processing and moves a tv show to the appropriate folder on drive D:\ , all is well and the episode will visible in the shared folder on my other systems and appear on my other instances of xbmc.
however, when sickbeard completes the post processing and moves a tv show to the appropriate folder on drive E:\ , i can only see the episode on the host system and it does not show up in the shared folder of my other systems or my other instances of xbmc.
this only happens with video files. fanart and folder .jpg files appear everywhere.

also, if i take one of those episodes from drive E:\ and just cut and paste it to my desktop and move it right back to that same folder it will appear instantly in the shared folders.

after doing a bit of searching and reading, i've come to the conclusion that this might be a permissions issue. is there a way to fix this.

thanks for any help you can provide.
I just noticed that SickBeard (latest commit as of an hour ago) is saying that certain episodes are "Unknown" quality so it ignores them.

Here's an example:
Code:
Jun-09 12:25:37 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Ignoring result TV Show Name S02E01 The Episode Name 720p HDTV DD2.0 MPEG2-TrollHD because we don't want an episode that is Unknown

(show and episode name modified to protect to the innocent)

Why is it saying unknown? The description clearly says 720p... The episode name doesn't match TVDB but I didn't think that mattered.

Here's another one:
Code:
Jun-09 12:42:37 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Checking if show History.Channel.Ancient.Aliens.S02E01.Mysterious.Places.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD matches ^Ancient\W+Aliens\W+(?:(?:S\d[\dE._ -])|(?:\d\d?x)|(?:\d{4}\W\d\d\W\d\d)|(?:(?:part|pt)[\._ -]?(\d|[ivx]))|Season\W+\d+\W+|E\d+\W+)
Jun-09 12:42:37 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Provider gave result History.Channel.Ancient.Aliens.S02E01.Mysterious.Places.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD but that doesn't seem like a valid result for Ancient Aliens so I'm ignoring it
Just spend a bit of time follow a guide and have sick beard installed.
The TV show I want I have entered but there has been 8 episodes already. They are showing up with Snatched (SD TV) as the status. Are these downloading and if not is there a way to force the download.

Thanks
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide16