[LIVE] XBMC Live 9.11 RC1 released!
Anyone else having an issue with getting scripts and plugins to work properly. I've installed live on several different machines with the same issue.

At work now, will try and post a log later.

XBMC Live 9.11 Repack
I couldn't get SVN Repo Installer to work when XBMC was set to use a localized language (Norwegian). It wouldn't pull the Repo file list. With XBMC set to English all is fine.
Upgrade from an earlier XBMC Live version resulted in my system no longer booting straight into XBMC. I have to log in via SSH and do a "sudo service xbmc-live start" to get it going. I'm not sure where to start here; could there be an autostart setting missing in grub2?
Is there any good "how to's" out there for setting up and configuring the XBOX1 DVD remote on XBMClive 9.11?

I used XBMSCRIPT before, but that's not working on my ASrock ION anymore...

Im very new to everything outside of windows. Sorry for the stupid question. Have tried a search - but the guides out there are very advanced..

Thanks in advance.
I've also installed XBMC 9.11 Repack on my Dell Inspiron 6000. It works good and the performance on 107cm LCD TV is wonderful. The Problem is, ethernet and DVD-Rom driver don't work. (Broadcom 440x)

How can i install the ethernet driver and what must i do for the DVD? They working on Windows and Ubuntu without problem.

And i would like to know, can i use a usb remote controller with this system?

Thanks...
Any ideas for the ethernet device?
This is working great but I have a few questions...

1) Will XBMC automatically restart if it crashes?

2) How can I program a button on my remote to force XBMC to be killed and then restart? (eg. if it locks up)

3) How can I make my MCE remote's power button cause the system to suspend? (it's resuming just fine and the buttons work, but to enter suspend mode I need to choose it from the menu...)
Hi Im new to Linux and the Revo, have been trying to install xbmc live to hd but it always asks for the cd. Have seen post about changing config from boot=cd to boot=usb but there is no mention of boot=cd in the syslinux.cfg file.
Also when trying the demo how do you access your widows partion for media files

Roy
Well, I've gotten the xbmc-live scripts to work but I'm trying to add the ability to force-kill xbmc.bin and have it automatically restarted. (eg. in case of freezes, etc)

I'm using irexec to "killall xbmc.bin" and it's working great, but XBMC does not restart and the xbmc-live service stops.

I've added "respawn" to the xbmc-live.conf file and now it restarts but I'm not sure this is the best (proper?) way to handle it.

Ideally, I think if xbmc.bin receives a SIGTERM or SIGKILL then the runXBMC script should just loop and restart X using startx.

Does anybody have any interest in discussing this or helping with it?

[EDIT] I've also posted a discussion about this in the developer forum.
Icey Wrote:Just testing Live RC1 on an Asrock ION 330 and have a 480P H.264 OGG MKV file for which the video playback is nothing but green artifacts when render method is VDPAU. If I change render method to software the video is displayed correctly.

Quick edit to post - resolution is 854x480 and it seems this is may be a known issue due to chipset limitation if I understand correctly.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue? Unfortunately a lot of the stuff I'm getting these days is 854x480, which means that I have an ever growing list of stuff I can't watch with VDPAU enabled. If what Icey says is true in his, does that mean it's never going to be fixed?
Any thoughts whether LIRC is included in XBMC-Live and/or how it could be included? I would like to run a non-MCE remote and looking where to copy the revised remote.xml and lircmap.xml (both part of XBMC) and also the revised lirc.conf (for LIRC). Thanks for your help!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Quote:Any thoughts whether LIRC is included in XBMC-Live
It is included! There is plenty of threads about remote.xml etc. Start by checking if the wiki is uptodate.
vikjon0 Wrote:It is included! There is plenty of threads about remote.xml etc. Start by checking if the wiki is uptodate.

I have checked the WIKI and know how all this is done with the regular XBMC Linux set-up. Actually, I have configured all the 3 files above and things work beautifully on my Linux compter with XBMC. Unfortunately, I cannot find any of the 3 files mentioned above on the XBMC-Live distribution and dont know where to copy them as the folder structure appears different?! Thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:Any thoughts whether LIRC is included in XBMC-Live and/or how it could be included? I would like to run a non-MCE remote and looking where to copy the revised remote.xml and lircmap.xml (both part of XBMC) and also the revised lirc.conf (for LIRC). Thanks for your help!!!

Any thoughts?
Quote:Any thoughts?
Please read my answer! from 2010-04-24, 18:52

Start another thread with your question. I will make it more likely that someone will help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC Live 9.11 RC1 released!0