Image slightly choppy when lots of action on screen
the fake fullscreen setting can be changed via the gui settings (use full screen window rather than full screen)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:the fake fullscreen setting can be changed via the gui settings (use full screen window rather than full screen)

Not if the screen is black it can't :-)

Actually now I think of it, Pete7874, if you press \ or alt-enter to switch XBMC into windowed mode does it display properly? If so you can change the setting then switch back to full screen, which would be easier than messing with the guisettings.xml file.

@WiSo: I wonder if this is related to the problems we've been getting with black screens.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Your log shows the file as smb://studio/d/videos/The.Hangover.2009.UNRATED.BDRip.XviD-BeStDivX.[http://www.usabit.com]/bestdivx-thounrated.avi. That is a network file not a local one.
I know, but this path (//studio/d) actually points to a D: drive on the machine on which XBMC is running. XBMC is installed on C: while all the movies are on D:. Both drives sit inside the same PC though.

I don't know why the log file shows it like that instead of just showing D:\videos\....
XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
OK, so I switched the video display (in Windows) from dual display to single display (video card only feeds the TV via HDMI but not the monitor via DVI), and now the tearing is gone. Unfortunately, this means I can't see anything on the monitor that's sitting next to the HTPC.
XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
So, does it mean my video card is too weak to drive two displays simultaneously? What better but relatively inexpensive card would you recommend? FYI, this is Dell Slim Studio, so the card needs to be low-profile.

FYI, when both displays are on, the tearing only shows up on the TV (HDMI), but not on the monitor (DVI).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image slightly choppy when lots of action on screen0