XBMC Freezes On Startup
i downloaded a 10-01-03 cvs build of xbmc from the "usual places" yesterday afternoon, and cannot get it to run.

i've tried all the solutions proposed here - deleting the system.bin file (doesn't exist yet), deleting the cvs folder under skins (also doesn't exist), i tried copying the xbmc/xbox/keyboard/media folder from cvs as in the cvs build instructions. i've tried all the stuff that crashes xbmp - disconnected network cable, disabled the timeserver in the .xml - none of that worked either.

i've also tried launching it with other than evox - mxm, boxlorer. no luck there. the only difference is the logo displayed when it crashes (specifically then dash loading screen)

i also tried a suggestion posted on xbox-scene.org, which was something about loading an older evox with the phoenix loader - i assumed he meant an older bios, since he said it stopped working when he upgraded to executer2, which is what i run. hence, i just re-flashed. also didn't help.

anyone have any suggestions/ideas? if you want i can post a listing of all the files on the xbox in the xbmc folder.
meh. never mind. i re-installed it using everything except the .xbe copied straight from the cvs tree and it worked fine.
billcow:
i am having issue with saving playlists and viewing pics. when i attempt to do any of these things, xbox hangs each time then i am forced to hard boot.

Quote:i re-installed it using everything except the .xbe copied straight from the cvs tree and it worked fine.

perhaps your solution would solve my problem as well?
only i dont know how to go about it :d
i am using the 10-7-03 release from the usual places.
any insite would be most appreciated!
yup, my console also freezes at pics. films even... Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Freezes On Startup0