Black Border when playing 1080p Content
Hello there,

i got a wired problem. When I play 1080p Content I got a black border around, the border is not only around the video, its too around the gui.

In the menu, there is no border, playing SD and 720p content no border too...

Here my specs, may it helps.
Using a Plasma TV @ 1920x1080 and default 60Hz, Connected via HDMI through a ATI 4850 Card.

Does someone have a guess how to solve that problem?
I've got an ATI 4670, and I had this issue when I first bought my TV. The card will send different overscan settings depending on which video mode is being sent to it. Since you probably have the option in XBMC "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in System -> Video -> Playback, the card is using different overscan depending on which video is being played.

Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me find the setting in my Catalyst Control Centre...but I know it's there because I used it before. I'm running through an AVR via HDMI, so that might be why I can't find the setting right now.

Anyways, go through every setting in the Catalyst Control Center, and you'll find an option for overscan. You'll need to play with that for each different video mode that might be used by XBMC. Or you can disable the adjust display refresh rate, and just adjust the overscan for the destop resolution you want to use.

Sorry I can't be of more help to find that setting in the Catalyst Control Center...I know it's there though. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Border when playing 1080p Content0