• 5(current)
[MAC] Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe Card in a Intel (GMA) Mac Mini?
jag0 Wrote:This may be a little (or a LOT) off topic. But when i download a new nightly build, and basically overwrite the older files on my mini, all my skin settings, library settings etc will remain correct?

yes.
jag0 Wrote:This may be a little (or a LOT) off topic. But when i download a new nightly build, and basically overwrite the older files on my mini, all my skin settings, library settings etc will remain correct?

I would say a LOT off topic Smile

Yes, your settings will remain the same, as those are kept in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and you are overwriting /Applications/XBMC.app with the new one

Zeljko
Question, why does this card not work with the newer MacMini's? Is it because it really will not add any value because of the nVidia chipset already installed?
bmorgenthaler Wrote:Question, why does this card not work with the newer MacMini's? Is it because it really will not add any value because of the nVidia chipset already installed?

It's simple, there is no mini pci-e slot in the MacMini with nvidia chipset.
davilla Wrote:It's simple, there is no mini pci-e slot in the MacMini with nvidia chipset.

Ah yeah that would make it hard! :-D I was searching for internal specs for it but didn't find any in my quick searches.
Nice! Great work.

I ordered the card. I tried building the driver on my own after installing the latest mac ports and xcode but got an error during build;

ld: library not found for -ldylib1.o │········································
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status │········································
make: *** [all] Error 1

Any ideas?

Are the 'bugs' people experiencing on OSX only? EDIT If so I would definitely install XP on it until the OSX issues are cleared up.

Thanks again will be donating soon. Call me on it if I don't cause I am forgetful.
1.0 motherboard | xecuter 2.3b | seagate 160 gb hdd 7200 rpm | x2vga+ (awwww yeah) | x1 projector coming soon <----- OMG this is old.
ntloser Wrote:Nice! Great work.

I ordered the card. I tried building the driver on my own after installing the latest mac ports and xcode but got an error during build;

ld: library not found for -ldylib1.o │········································
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status │········································
make: *** [all] Error 1

Any ideas?

I'd have to see the full make output. I'm also not sure if you are building driver or library. The error looks like the library but I can't tell.
davilla Wrote:I'd have to see the full make output. I'm also not sure if you are building driver or library. The error looks like the library but I can't tell.

Yes it was building the library. Here is the full make output. http://pastebin.org/84157

Thanks.
1.0 motherboard | xecuter 2.3b | seagate 160 gb hdd 7200 rpm | x2vga+ (awwww yeah) | x1 projector coming soon <----- OMG this is old.
ntloser Wrote:Yes it was building the library. Here is the full make output. http://pastebin.org/84157

Thanks.

Very odd, never seen that one. Is 10.4SDK installed ? Look in /Developer
davilla Wrote:Very odd, never seen that one. Is 10.4SDK installed ? Look in /Developer

Reinstalling xcode with 10.4 support. Big Grin

EDIT

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

Thanks!
@davilla

Did anybody send you one of the broadcom cards from china that had trouble initializing?
ntloser Wrote:@davilla

Did anybody send you one of the broadcom cards from china that had trouble initializing?

Yes, a user said they would be sending me one.
evldhs Wrote:Here's the movie in question for download in case somebody else want to test, and perhaps explain why this particular one make the Cyrstal HD choke so bad.

ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/users/ae/hidef/...0.x264.mp4

svn up Smile
davilla Wrote:svn up Smile

Thx!!Smile

Well, after installing one of my $23 cards (IIRC the ebay seller's name was yinget or something?) in my atv and getting it installed and working in an hour last night, I took on the somewhat more daunting case of installing another one on my (previously retired) 1.6GHz Mini today. The process is a bit more painful taking that sucker apart and putting it back together, but it is up and running. Tried the latest nightly, and I've been able to get 1080p files to stream pretty much flawlessly. Granted, I haven't watched a movie all the way through yet, and I decided to rebuild the library from scratch, which will take some time w/ my 1200 movies and 50 complete TV series, but, to this point, it's working wonderfully.

The url which was previously given does a good job of describing the steps necessary for loading everything in terminal, though I'd hate to have to do it over again (as he said might be the case). It would be nice to have something as easy as the aTV crystalHD launcher for the Mini, but I'm not complaining. Big Grin

So, many MANY thanks to davilla. I now have 3 Mini's (including my poor old 1.6 Gig Mini), a mac pro, and an appletv that are ALL able to play my 300-odd BR backups!!! The full house is now able to play all of my files!
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
BTW, I've had no problems whatsoever doing 24Hz output from my Mini. I don't know if it's supposed to be this easy, but the pq in 24Hz on my Sammy LED (and it's detecting 24 fps) has been incredible.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe Card in a Intel (GMA) Mac Mini?0