• 4(current)
Will the Boxee Box Remote work with XBMC (on any hardware other than the Boxee Box?)?
So many questions.
Since it's available it looks like : http://www.jr.com/dlink/pe/DLK_DSM22/#productTabReviews
Has anyone tried this on an xbmc?
Configuration?
quincer Wrote:Has anyone tried this on an xbmc?
Configuration?
That's the retailer I bought from. As you could see in previous posts, it works fine in XBMC.

But apparently, there is a bug in X that keeps it from working properly on Linux.

Hopping through the Boxee forum then to XBMC Trac, http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10887

The Windows 7 sleep mode is really getting on my nerves. I might switch back to Ubuntu and try to get this patch on X to see if it resolved the issue.
Any news on this?

I've a htpc with ubuntu and i'm looking for a remote, and Boxee is the most attractive one. But wanna know if it works before i buy it :S
The remote works better with XBMC in Windows than it does with Boxee in Windows IMHO - but right now I'm working on getting something going with an Ubuntu install to ditch Windows, and so far I'm not winning.

Button mapping was automatic in Windows 7 Pro, no issues, no miscues, worked fantastic even. Highly recommended. Even my wife liked it, and that has to count for someething!

In OpenELEC.tv, it crashes, and takes the system down with it.

Downloading the latest LIVECD version of XBMC right now - won't know till tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful, and am thinking I'm back to Windows to use the remote at this point.
Home built Solaris 11.1 server, ZFS 4 x 3Tb pool, RAIDZ to 9Tb space.
NFS & SMB shares.
Asrock E350M1 mob with 8G RAM running KODI from a 16G USB stick

HDMI -> Yamaha 5.1 -> 60" Sharp LCD -
AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.
Sorry I'm a bum and haven't tried patching X yet. I've still got it planned when I have free time.
I just ordered the Boxee remote today from Amazon.

I'm not sure if it would be possible but.. lets say you are on the movies screen. It would be very awesome to simply type "S" and it would go to the first movie that started with S.

Or even better if you typed "Su" and started with the first movie that starts with "Su" and so on... very helpful for those of us who are closing in on a thousand movies Smile
Rannd Wrote:I just ordered the Boxee remote today from Amazon.

I'm not sure if it would be possible but.. lets say you are on the movies screen. It would be very awesome to simply type "S" and it would go to the first movie that started with S.

Or even better if you typed "Su" and started with the first movie that starts with "Su" and so on... very helpful for those of us who are closing in on a thousand movies Smile
Several guys with boxes I've built have asked for this feature. I'm interested in knowing how to do it if you figure it out.
AaronCompNetSys Wrote:Several guys with boxes I've built have asked for this feature. I'm interested in knowing how to do it if you figure it out.

I asked and got a quick answer today Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90093
any progress on getting this to work in linux? Also why didnt they do a backlite on the keys?? or even glow keys. that is a killer for me but hopefully they come out with a new one soon with that feature as I heard they are sending a remote out with a netflix button on it.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:Also why didnt they do a backlite on the keys?? or even glow keys.

I'm not sure but I'm not too worried about it. I mean, I have my cable box remote control memorized and there are tons of buttons on that, the boxee remote only has like 7 buttons on the front so it doesn't bother me much.

Amazon just told me mine was shipped this morning so I should have mine any day now
Update on Linux bug:
razzfazz Wrote:Looks like this will be fixed in Ubuntu Natty:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.d...el.x/94624

So I tried rebuilding xserver-xorg-core as per the instructions liked above, and it looks like the patch you provided does not fix the Boxee remote issue; I get the exact same crash as before.
And the XBMC ticket was closed due to determining its a Linux bug. I won't bother trying it myself and will just wait for XBMC Live to go to that version of Linux to try again.
Thanks to Aaron for posting the code in the first post to change the back button on the remote.

I like the remote alot except for the fact that sometimes you don't know which way the remote is pointing.. which Aaron already mentioned.

Also.. the keyboard keys on the bottom still work when facing down. I thought there was a gyro in the remote so it wouldn't do anything the keyboard was facing down?
Forgot to add to my last post.. perhaps changing the CAPS key or ALT key on the remote to "Shift" would be better since XBMC allows you to use Shift + "first letter of a movie"
Implement said magic and post script/config for us to consume Smile
AaronCompNetSys Wrote:Implement said magic and post script/config for us to consume Smile

I assume to just add to your config?

I searched for "Key ID" numbers but I can't find anything. Wish there was also a way to have a button on the top of the remote use "i" but it would probably take away from other areas that you need it.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will the Boxee Box Remote work with XBMC (on any hardware other than the Boxee Box?)?0