[WINDOWS] Audio, but no Video?
Hi,

Sorry if anything I post is bad form, it's my first post.

I downloaded XBMC on my own computer, and absolutely love it. I haven't had a single problem with it. I tried to set it up on another laptop, and I've run into an issue I can't really resolve.

On this computer, whenever I try to play a video (either a file on my own computer, or an apple trailer or anything) I get the audio, but no video. When I try to open a .avi file in a different media player, like Windows Media Player Classic, it plays fine, but not inside of XBMC.

I'm not really sure what to do.

There is one issue that I think may have the key to the solution though... after installation, I got an error message saying that there was no d3dx9_42.dll file... so I downloaded one, and put it in the folder, and then XBMC loaded up fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tomrakewell Wrote:There is one issue that I think may have the key to the solution though... after installation, I got an error message saying that there was no d3dx9_42.dll file... so I downloaded one, and put it in the folder, and then XBMC loaded up fine.

XBMC/Windows uses DirectX and the installer runs the DirectX web installer. This should go off to microsoft.com and download the DirectX libraries, but in your installation it has obviously failed. Rather than just copying the d3dx9_42.dll file you should install DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...2d8712d553

JR
Thanks. I know it doesn't reflect well on my intelligence, but I had trouble finding that link.

Thanks.
the link worked fine with me.

you could try this:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-E...able.shtml
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Audio, but no Video?0