Movies and Videos share the same settings?! Can I change it?
Basically, all I would like is Movies to be Library Mode, and Videos to NOT. Is there any way to make that happen? When I change one, it affects the other…
pico1180 Wrote:Basically, all I would like is Movies to be Library Mode, and Videos to NOT. Is there any way to make that happen? When I change one, it affects the other…

It really depends on the skin you use, but most skins will remember the 'view' for TV, Videos and Movies separately. So you just need to to go into movies and choose Library mode, then into Videos and choose File mode.

Try it with say the Confluence skin first... which is now the 'defacto' installed skin and should offer you the most consistent behaviour.
If it's working there try another skin.

Unfortunately I'm not at my home at the moment, so can't test it for you.
Here is the problem with a little bit more detail to it.

If I go into Videos, I can change take it off Library mode, navigate to the source I want, exit and come back in. When I come back in, it is the way I left it.

If I go into Movies, I can change it off Library mode, but when I exit and come back in it is back to Library mode, and changes Videos to Library mode also.

So, basically. Movies defaults back to Library mode no matter what I put it to, and forces Videos into Library mode at the same time.
I believe that is the intended behaviour for the movie category.

Idea being that you'll flip to file mode in order to scan movies and update fanart etc - but then if you back out to the main menu without first flipping it back to library mode, no worries as when you go back into the movie section again it defaults to library mode.

Library mode represents the preferred usage mode for movies. File mode is more for maintenance and setup.
Thats fine. I prefer the Library mode for Movies. I just dont want it to affect the Videos menu.

I can exit the Videos menu and have it stay in file mode. But as soon as i enter the Movies menu, it changes Videos to Library mode.

Videos in Library mode = bad
Movies in Library mode = good

It effectively turns Video and Movies into the same menu with absolutely no distinction between the two.
pico1180 Wrote:Thats fine. I prefer the Library mode for Movies. I just dont want it to affect the Videos menu.

I can exit the Videos menu and have it stay in file mode. But as soon as i enter the Movies menu, it changes Videos to Library mode.

Videos in Library mode = bad
Movies in Library mode = good

It effectively turns Video and Movies into the same menu with absolutely no distinction between the two.

Hmm... I see your point.
I agree to Pico.
I use the movie section for my DVD collection and video section for online content (e.g. YouTube ), video downloads and recorded TV shows.
I therefore use for the movie section the Cover flow (database) as default and for the Video Section it is the "File List" View.
But as described by pico the settings for the video section are getting overwritten with the setting for the movie section.
This confuses my wife and it is also a little bit annoying because you have to switch the view, turn off the database option and navigate back to the video folder.

Would be great if this could be fixed ?
But netherless, thank you all for this great piece of software. I appreciate very much the time you all put into this project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies and Videos share the same settings?! Can I change it?0