Problem with some kind of time osd window during playback
Hello every multimedia lovers!!

I'm running camelot 9.11 on Mythbuntu 9.10 x64. I really really loves camelot and the favor skin is rapier qualar mod 3.1 (GREAT by the way)
The only thing that bothers me is that during video playback a window shows up now and then. It's show up quickly over the top of the screen winth some kind of time information. Like 1h m and date........very frustrationg when you are whatching a good movie for example.
I've looked everywhere in the settings and tried to change to several other skins but no look.

Anyone ......please
/ sweden
Is your mouse moving perhaps? Disable the mouse in settings.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I tried to disable the mouse but the window appears during playback anyway!!!!
How about you go through the various dialogs available during playback and find out which one it is (based on what it looks like) ?

We can't guess.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have tried to take a photo of it but it only shows up for approximentaly 1 sec. During a whole movie perhaps 5-10 times. With a video shown with black orders this "tume osd window" covers all the border plus one centimeter below it.
I´ve been through the settings over and over. Tried to update the nvidia drivers, change render method, reinstall xbmc 9.11 etc etc. Yes the window is transparent also. The text is in the upper left of the window shows 1h bla bla min/month.
Please help me to get rid of this window.

edit

best regards/ from sweden
I recognized that the problem with the osd time window shows up even when the video is paused. It shows up now and then anyway -weird!!!!!
maybe it's not xbmc but some third party app that's bugging you.
reports like your pop up every now and then and many times it's another program that's causing it.

maybe some kind of opengl utility?

edit:
missed your edit. if it's not the 'o' window, check if it's the 'z' window.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sorry Ronnie....it's not the "z" window either. Exactly the same window as "z" and "o" but one thing is different. The information in the window!!!!
It shows completely one thing. Elapsed time of the playbacked video shown!!!

The strange thing is that the window has popped up when video is paused..........

Sadly I must commit that I am defeated this time. Tried all I've ever could imagine to solve this situation..........
Photo 
Hey guys,

Got the same problem - this time on XMBC on Windows 7.
I can't get help anywhere, but I was able to do a screenshot - maybe it could be useful.

I also tried to press "o" and "z" buttons, but then some other informations appear.

(2012-12-17, 17:59)groobson Wrote: Hey guys,

Got the same problem - this time on XMBC on Windows 7.
I can't get help anywhere, but I was able to do a screenshot - maybe it could be useful.

I also tried to press "o" and "z" buttons, but then some other informations appear.

you get that window when you press any of the digits [0-9]
on your keyboard or remote.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
yeh, you're right, it appears when I'm pressing those numbers, fine.

But my question still remains - how to turn off it?

I mean I can press buttons and that stuff appears, but many seconds/minutes later it appers again by itself.

Any idea?
(2012-12-17, 18:56)groobson Wrote: yeh, you're right, it appears when I'm pressing those numbers, fine.

But my question still remains - how to turn off it?

I mean I can press buttons and that stuff appears, but many seconds/minutes later it appers again by itself.

Any idea?

the only thing i can think of is a broken remote / keyboard.

if you can easily reproduce this, try this:
- start a movie
- disconnect your keyboard and/or remove the batteries from your remote

if this fixes your issue then you've found your answer,
if not, enable debug logging in xbmc, reproduce the issue and post the Debug Log
Alright, so:

First of all thank you for your fast reply and advices.

I have done all steps you wrote, and what is suprising - that OSD dissapeared.
It dissapeared when I wanted to check the log file. I mean I turned debugging on, the OSD was still on, then I closed XBMC to check what was happening, and then when I started XBMC again - there was no OSD.

I've disabled debugging option, watching something from 2 hours and it's gone.

I'm not sure is it because of debugging option turned on/off, but it works.

When that OSD will appear again, I'll try to do the same steps. If it not gonna work again, I'll post it here.

Thanks for help anyway Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with some kind of time osd window during playback0