XBMC Live on Revo 3600 not saving settings after pulling power
Hi there, i am very nedw to xbmc live as i am with linux in general. I have just installed Live 9.11 with pre loaded nvidia drivers to the local hard drive on the revo. I installed Alaska and edited my xorg.conf file and also played around with my remote configs etc...

Everything was working fine, remote working, 1080p playback perfect and standby was working and resuming okay. I accidently pulled the power from the revo and turned back on, when xbmc started back up, everything was back to default - the skin was confluence, all the other xbmc changes i had done audio and video settings were back to default. All ubuntu changes were fine, like the xorg.conf file were not affected.

I set everything back up to how it was before and everything worked again, i thought i better try pulling the power again to test and low and behold it done the same thing....?

Has anyone any ideas on what is happening here? it almost looks like xbmc is not saving its settings or when powering up not using the settings i saved previously... thanks in advance...

Tom
Sounds like your settings aren't being saved - how did you install everything?

Sounds as though your home folder doesn't have write permissions - have you checked that?
Hi Prae, i just checked the permissions on my home folder and they were set to 755 with my account xbmc having full permissions. i have changed to 777 anyway.

I installed from a USB stick direct to the local hard drive.

Thanks
Just noticed that my library stays intact... but all other settings go! i tried setting confluence and changing the layout of the movie view and then pulling the power, all settings such as audio and system wiped back to default but not the library views......

~Thanks
Tried the install from the USB to the Hard drive again to see if i done something wrong with the install but same thing again. Has anyone got any ideas? really bugging me this one Sad
Sorry to keep bumping this thread but everything i seem to try is failing. I tried to use the package in this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66388

but i get the same, once i pull the power i lose all settings except the library.. Any files i manually uploaded to the revo stay intact like .asoundrc file.

Can anyone else with a revo try pulling the power on theres to see if they get the same effect, i cant be the only one with this problem can i? hope not Sad

thanks
Works fine pulling the power on my R3610. How did you install it and what alaska?
Thanks for having a go for me. Okay the first install i did was from a usb stick to the local harddrive, for this i used a 9.11repack with the nvidia drivers preloaded.

The second install i did was from a cd to the local hard drive again but this time using xbmcfreak image - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66388

Now whats really interesting with xbmcfreaks image is that by default he had changed all the audio settings and video settings but when i pull the power on this one that also resets back to the defaults of Live (menaing Audio set to Analog and Video renderer set to Auto)

The only other changes i made to both installs after installing are

1./ Copied over a custom Lircmap.xml to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata
2./ Copied over a custom remote.xml to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymap
3./ Copied a custom xorg.conf file i created for another install to /home/xbmc/ then using putty sudo cp the file to /etc/X11 ( i coulldnt copy direct to /etc/X11 as i didnt have root permissions in winscp)
4./Copied over a .asoundrc to /home/xbmc
5./Mounted a USB harddrive, well i just plugged it in! Set up my to library sources within this (TV, Movies)

What is interesting is the fact that my library stays in tact and also the files i copied over stay where they are like the xorg.conf and the .asoundrc just the skin turns always to confluence defaults as if you have just installed Live. its almost like its ignoring my settings i made and using a default settings file somewhere else.

Thanks for anymore help, im tempted to go back to installing using a script like the XBMScript using 9.4 instead as this is causing me a headache lol Smile
I can confirm that I see the same behavior with my 1600. (XBMC Live installed to hard drive from an SD card there, too.)
I dont know what i did but somehow i got mine working. I suggest Formatting the drive in question and recreating your partitions before installing again.

i used xbmcfreak image - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66388 which was a great stepping stone on the Revo's

goodluck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on Revo 3600 not saving settings after pulling power0