• 24(current)
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)
I createt debian files for the release 1.6.16

http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knif...loads/list
The latest version of MakeMKV (1.6.16) does not seem to work with the plugin for windows. When I run it the program crashes and I have to restart XBMC. Is there something I am doing wrong? or is it just the plugin?
Pointed Wrote:The latest version of MakeMKV (1.6.16) does not seem to work with the plugin for windows. When I run it the program crashes and I have to restart XBMC. Is there something I am doing wrong? or is it just the plugin?

I've just tried this myself and have the same problem. Haven't been able to investigate further as the misses is watching Home and Away:mad:
The solution is to go into the plugin folder on your PC and edit the path for makemkvcon. It needs to be set top "c:\program files\makemkv\makemkvcon.exe"

I guess the freeze is because there isn't any exception handling in the script if it can't find makemkvcon.
One problem that I currently have is that if you stop playing a Bluray or HD-DVD, then makemkvcon.exe stays open on the PC. When you come to shutting down XBMC, it hangs as it still has resources open (i.e. it has called makemkvcon.exe which I presume becomes a child process of XBMC).

I think the solution is to make the blurayplayer class of type player so that you have access to the event recognition methods in that class, one of which is triggered when playback is stopped, allowing you to then clean up the resources.
Is it possible to select the video language and subtitles on/off ? I cannot find CL options in makemkv and no settings for this in the addon.
frank474 Wrote:Is it possible to select the video language and subtitles on/off ? I cannot find CL options in makemkv and no settings for this in the addon.

Should be possible from the osd while playing
Question 
I've got Windows XP MCE with SP3 and my Desktop has both a DVD player and Blu-ray player, (it uses Power DVD-10). I like the XBMC player much more than Cyberlink player. How does one install this blu-ray plugin so I can watch my Blu-rays in XBMC 10.1?

So far, none of the instructions I've read are correct. I don't have a plugins/video folder anywhere in XBMC's path directory. I've enabled hidden files and still can't find this folder. Niether is it shown in XBMC, (only video add-ons, E: my DVD player, or add a source.

I'm pretty confused with the plugin installation. Can anyone help? :confused2:
Download the zip file in the first post and install it from zip (settings/addons/install from zip)

You might get a problem because of the two drives, not sure.
Sad 
magnetism Wrote:.....install it from zip (settings/addons/install from zip)...

There is no 'settings' folder in the XBMC folder.
Bugger Wrote:There is no 'settings' folder in the XBMC folder.

No, this is while running xbmc. You run it, then go to settings / addons etc.
Wink 
Understood....but as I had asked at first, were in the path directory do I install the add-on into?

Thank you for your continuing help....Big Grin
Bugger Wrote:Understood....but as I had asked at first, were in the path directory do I install the add-on into?

Thank you for your continuing help....Big Grin
Why do you need it? (Hint, you don't..) Under windows it's probably safely hidden under the AppData dir or someother.
Sad 
You've lost me. It's a zip file. It doesn't install itself like an executable. So I'm looking for the path so I can manually extract it into were it goes no?

How does one install this add-on in Windows then? :confused2:
No.

You're going to run XBMC, go to the settings menu, select addons and then select 'install from zipfile' then you select the zipfile and install the addon. All from within XBMC.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)15