No sound in XBMC after launching firefox app
I'm using the app launcher plugin to execute Firefox browser from XBMC. The problem is that after executing FF (and watching some online videos) i get 'unable to initialize audio device' error (or something simmilar) in XBMC. Before using FF sound in XBMC is ok. I'm using XBMC live and digital output, and i can provide more details if it's needed.

Many thanks in advance, kind regards,

FidoBoy
I have a similar problem. If an embedded Flash video is open in the background---even if it's not currently playying---XBMC can't initialize the audio device. If I stop playback in XBMC (stop it entirely, pausing it won't work), close the tab containing the Flash video, and start the video in XBMC over again, it works fine. I have the same problem with Rhythmbox; I have to close Rhythmbox to get sound in XBMC.

I've got ALSA version 1.0.20-2ubuntu6 and XBMC version 1:9.11-karmic1.
Now i've upgraded alsa to 1.0.22 version and i can't get sound in chrome at all. I only get sound in XBMC and only using optical out, HDMI doesn't work.

I've readed a lot of posts, tried many .asoundrc configs, but just can't get HDMI sound working. I only get it working in XBMC Live executed from USB, but after install it on HDD HDMI doesn't work.
fidoboy Wrote:Now i've upgraded alsa to 1.0.22 version and i can't get sound in chrome at all. I only get sound in XBMC and only using optical out, HDMI doesn't work.

I've readed a lot of posts, tried many .asoundrc configs, but just can't get HDMI sound working. I only get it working in XBMC Live executed from USB, but after install it on HDD HDMI doesn't work.

I get the same issue. How to upgrade the alsa in a xbmclive installation?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound in XBMC after launching firefox app0