[WINDOWS] Prevent Windows 7 from going into Standby when XBMC is running?
I think I started noticing this after I upgraded to 9.11 from 9.4 (the previous stable release?). After I finished watching something, PC will go into standby after a few minutes of idle time while still running XBMC. I know for a fact this was not the case with the previous version.

Is there a hidden option to "prevent standby while running" for XBMC 9.11? I did check through all the menu options and couldn't find anything relevant.

Win7 is configured to go into standby after 30 minutes and I would like to keep this behavior when XBMC is not running.

Thank you!
I've seen this as well. It will even go to sleep while navigating menus, but no media is playing. I've also noticed my idle timer in XBMC will trigger if I am watching a video that is longer than the idle timer and I haven't interacted with XBMC at all during that time.
Did you guys ever come up with a workaround for this? It is happening to me, too, and I would like to fix it.
I'm also experiencing this. I've been meaning to investigate for a while but haven't got around to it yet.

I have XBMC set to exit after 30 min of inactivity. Windows is set to sleep after 45min. If I turn on XBMC and let it sit it will indeed turn off after 30mins and then 45mins later the PC will sleep.

If I play media in XBMC, either music or video, that is longer than 45mins then shortly after the end of playback the PC will go to sleep. When I wake the PC XBMC is still running. If I exit XBMC after playback then the PC will sleep after 45mins. The PC does not sleep if I navigate menus after playback (i.e. it will revert to the 30min XBMC wait then 45min windows wait) unlike the OP.

So what appears to be happening (and I don't understand how) is that the 'countdown' by windows to sleep starts during playback but doesn't actually send the PC to sleep until playback is finished.

I'll try and post a log shortly. Running Dharma 10.1 stable and Win7 home premium.

Achoo - can you give some more details as to your set up and post a log as well with debug logging turned on.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
hi

you can try to install eventghost
http://www.eventghost.org/

setup it to
- detect when XBMC is started and when it's running to change the power management with powercfg command line...
see help for that command : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324347

- detect when XBMC process end, to change again you power config...

eventghost is a very nice tool...really.

Brice
This is very old topic but I'm having exactly the same issue as the op. Has anyone solved this? I'd like to keep kodi running all the time. But this prevents task scheduler to execute sleep task (perhaps because scheduler assumes that pc is not in the idle state). However, eventghost shows idle tag when kodi is running.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
I know that this is an old thread but if you wish to better manage the power consumption of your computer trye AutoStandByPro (www.autostandbypro.com). It is very lightweight and has a lot of features that can help you either keep your computer on or put it on a lower sleep state when is not needed.
Thank you for your input! I'll definitely check that software when I have some extra time. But as now I have managed to solve the problem so that kodi is minimized after a period of time (5min). Then windows is able to execute scheduled tasks that have idle condition requirement.
Current setup
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Ok, it seems one important feature is missing from autostandby: there's no possibility to create a rule that put pc sleep at specified time e.g. every night at 2 am. Correct please if I'm wrong
Current setup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Prevent Windows 7 from going into Standby when XBMC is running?0