[WINDOWS] TV Show help?
Question 
so i just set up xbmc on my widows vista machine today.. figured out how to import movies but through all my reading i cant figure out how to set up the tv shows(did some searching already). Do i have to rip the show separately or can i do it by disk? do they have to be named a certain way? for some reason it seems a bit more involved that the movie part.. thanks in advance.. :confused2:
thetvdb.com was down lately. Enable debug logging and check again. If unsure please post the complete debug log (using pastebin.com or any other similar service).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
this doesn't really answer my question.. im trying to figure out how to rip my tv show dvds on to my comp then import them.. im sure there has to be someone who has done this.. can someone tell be what they did? searched the forums all day yesterday but couldn't figure it out.. tnks..
bregon Wrote:this doesn't really answer my question.. im trying to figure out how to rip my tv show dvds on to my comp then import them.. im sure there has to be someone who has done this.. can someone tell be what they did? searched the forums all day yesterday but couldn't figure it out.. tnks..

DVDShrink, DVDFab, Handbrake are all ripping programs. See the wiki for file naming conventions.

My preference is to individually rip episodes using MakeMKV - 1:1 rips, no reduction in file size or quality, chapter support and subtitles if required. Given that the preference is for indivudally ripped episodes, check out the other programs I've mentioned and see which one fits the bill.

Full rips can be achieved and DVD file formats are acceptable as well - some further searching will provide answers on naming conventions for those types of rips.
yea im using dvd fab. I have them imported as a full disk and also tried to rip the individual episodes.. cant figure out how to get xbmc to see either.so frustrating when the movies went easy.. . thanks for the responses
bregon Wrote:so i just set up xbmc on my widows vista machine today.. figured out how to import movies but through all my reading i cant figure out how to set up the tv shows(did some searching already). Do i have to rip the show separately or can i do it by disk? do they have to be named a certain way? for some reason it seems a bit more involved that the movie part.. thanks in advance.. :confused2:

bregon, there's plenty of useful information on tv show library setup right here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_%28...Library%29

but basically, all the shows should be ripped individually in a single folder and named to your preferences as described in the wiki. so, for example if your ripping a few seasons for "Lost", you'd have ONE folder named Lost with all the various season episodes within that folder named ...
lost s01e02
lost s03e12

etc..., etc...
Heres how I do Mine:
I have a folder named 'TV Shows'
Inside that folder I have folders named 'South Park', '24', 'Survivor', etc.
Inside my 'South Park' folder I have folders for each season named 'South Park Season 1', 'South Park Season 2', etc.
Inside the Season 1 folder is each episode file for that season.
They are named:
South Park.s01e01.iso
South Park.s01e02.iso
South Park.s01e03.iso
etc.

Inside the season 2 folder they would be:
South Park.s02e01.iso
South Park.s02e02.iso

I rip individual episodes to iso files with dvdshrink.
thanks so much guys i will def try this tomorrow.. sometimes the wiki guide can be confusing.. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] TV Show help?0