XBMC Won't Boot: hardware-accelerated OpenGL rendering error
vtwin0001, your problem is completely unrelated. There's another thread for it and a ticket on trac. Oh, and USE PASTEBIN!

Other people, who's reinstalled gfx drivers like I suggested?
I fixed my problem. I had manually installed nVidia's graphics drivers before, and apparently I forgot to remove them through nVidia's script.

I've had Ubuntu's drivers installed for quite some time (apparently over nVidia's) with no problem until now, so I'm not sure how it made it this long before exploding.

For anyone else with this same issue, do this: uninstall Ubuntu's drivers (then restart), find nVidia's install script (if you deleted it, just redownload it) and run it with the --uninstall flag. It might say something like: "You screwed up and downloaded your package manager's version without removing this one! I'll try my hardest..." Just click OK and let it do its thing. Then restart, install Ubuntu's nVidia driver, restart again, and it should be working.

glxgears is running fine for me, with no errors.

Sorry for the simple, non-XBMC-related problem. If someone else has this issue in the future, maybe this will prevent other people from asking stupid questions. Big Grin
althekiller Wrote:vtwin0001, your problem is completely unrelated. There's another thread for it and a ticket on trac. Oh, and USE PASTEBIN!

Other people, who's reinstalled gfx drivers like I suggested?

Hey mate! It has to be related!!!

I started the thread and have been doing what everybody told meStare

I'm gonna try what arosequi says.. I hope this time it worksRolleyes

BTW: I didt know i had to use pastebin in the first place... there.. i put all the logs in pastebin.. hope that's better
Your initial problem was related. XBMC wouldn't even get to the point where it can crash and generate an error report if you didn't resolve the GL issue already. Now you're onto a new one. Here's the ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8187 , there should be a link to the forum thread in there. Please continue discussion there.
i'm already using a xorg.conf like that.. but no luck!
So, I probably did the wrong thing (not paying attention to what I was updating), but is it possible that's the problem?

Right now, I'm getting a _really_ tiny dialog on my TV, and it's really unreadable. I hit enter, (which I think might be "Quit"), and I'm back at the login prompt. (sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live start doesn't work; just gives me the same dialog)

Is it possible to 'roll back' to the previous package?

I'm stumped! Thanks for any help....
Please save us the trouble of merging your threads by searching next time.
althekiller Wrote:Your initial problem was related. XBMC wouldn't even get to the point where it can crash and generate an error report if you didn't resolve the GL issue already. Now you're onto a new one. Here's the ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8187 , there should be a link to the forum thread in there. Please continue discussion there.

Thanks for pointing me out where to go... please just try not to be so rude.. some of us are newbies and dont know the app as well as you do.

Regards
althekiller Wrote:Just reinstall your nvidia drivers. Same thing happened to me the other day (using manually installed drivers). I'm guessing it had to do with that libc chicanery in updates.

Can someone tell me how to do that exactly ?

Edit :

sudo nvidia-installer --update did the trick
Haohmaru Wrote:Can someone tell me how to do that exactly ?

Edit :

Thank you! This did it for me with an Acer Revo!

I added the repositories for nightly, ran sudo apt-get updade then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. Got the error message, ran the above command, accepted everything it asked, rebooted and BAM no issues. This was all using live.
Haohmaru Wrote:Can someone tell me how to do that exactly ?

Edit :

+1 for me to. I was trying to install the Bluray playback via these instructions http://bloggingabout.com/bluray-playback...lugin.html and upon reboot had no more xbmc Sad

But you guys are champs! Thanks again!Big Grin
I am having the same issues, but i cant even get to the shell to type in the command. XBMC Live boots and gives me the error message and all i can do is click ok which makes it show up again and loop forever. HOw do i get out of this to type the nvidia installer update??
<trying universal's instructions below>
idk what method these guys are using but installing nvidia drivers from binary is not the best idea. Besides this is a old thread even if it applies info is somewhat outdated.

use xswat ppa

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1

Done

uNi
Fixed!

http://askubuntu.com/questions/113993/ub...ule-exists

i did this...

service lightdm stop

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`
sudo dpkg-reconfigure nvidia-current
sudo nvidia-xconfig

service lightdm restart

edit:
now my remote control doesn't work. arg...
root@xbmc-Aspire-R1600:~# /etc/init.d/lirc restart verbose
* Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC [fail]
* Loading LIRC modules [ OK ]
* Unable to load LIRC kernel modules. Verify your
* selected kernel modules in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Won't Boot: hardware-accelerated OpenGL rendering error0