• 55(current)
Post your setup pictures

TV is all mounted. Still need to run the speaker wires and Kinect wires. About to finish that all today, the electronics are in a closet to the right.
HTPC: ASRock B75M-ITX LGA | Intel i-3 3.3GHZ | 4GB | Samsung SSD + WD 2TB x2
My setup isn't as fancy as other members posted but i'ts working for me (will post pictures later)

The hardware used:
TV Section
TV: JVC LT40S70BU (To be replaced with a Cinema 3D LCD)
Ambilight: Arduino UNO R3 with 50 leds (WS2801) (To be replaced depending on the new TV)
LiveTV: Sundtek MediaTV Pro and Smargo Card Reader Plus (running on NAS)

Audio Section:
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V650 (To be replaced with a HD-Audio compatible receiver, probably a Yamaha again)
Speakers: JBL Northridge Front E90, Center EC35, Rear E30, Sub E250P (A bit overkill) (Keeping all of them)

HTPC Section:
HTPC: Zotac AD02 running OpenELEC XBMC Frodo developments builds (currently 29-10-2012 build) (To be replaced with a more powerful machine as it doesn't keep up with current setup)

Storage Section:
Storage: Synology NAS DS211 (To be replaced with a more powerful machine as it doesn't keep up with current setup)

Application Section:
Apps: All running on Synology NAS DS211, SickBeard, CouchPotato server, SABnzbd, TVHeadend, OSCam, Subliminal for subs, PHPMyAdmin for shared XBMC DB (All latest versions)

Remote Section:
Remote: Logitech Harmony One, Universal MCE Remote for the kids profile

This is running as expected but some hardware needs to be replaced for smooth user experience.
Here's my setup:

Walkway to the right of the main Theater room

Ports for DTV & Ethernet

Behind door view - tubing runs to each room in the house

Seating area, Berklines

Equipped with ButtKickers!

View to the bar area

View from the Bar

AV Rack

Side angle - mount gives the Plasma a floating look

Bar area - more for popcorn and snacks than beer Tongue

The End.... For Now Cool

Let me know if you want to see more detailed specs, I figured most users just want to see the eye candy!
(2012-11-09, 00:32)tman12 Wrote: Here's my setup:

That's a very nice room with some enormous speakers. Not to say an enormous collection of cables! Is wifi not an option, or do you have something else running through them?
We moved in about 12 years and I really didn't want to go with WiFi at the time, every tube has strings running through them to make upgrading easy. I prefer a wired network and eventually will probably run fiber. I also have DirecTV wiring running through them as well. I live out in the sticks and the best connection I can get is DSL with terrible speed... the cost of privacy!
(2012-11-09, 16:08)tman12 Wrote: We moved in about 12 years and I really didn't want to go with WiFi at the time, every tube has strings running through them to make upgrading easy. I prefer a wired network and eventually will probably run fiber. I also have DirecTV wiring running through them as well. I live out in the sticks and the best connection I can get is DSL with terrible speed... the cost of privacy!

That is an awesome setup though. Kudos!
Amazing setup tman.
HTPC 1 - ZOTAC IONITX-G-E Intel Atom 330 4 gig ,60 gig SSD, XBMCbuntu, Harmony 1100
HTPC 2 - Pivos XIOS - Linux XBMC
HTPC 3 - RaspberryPi B -Raspbmc
Server - ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU 4 gig Ram, 11 TB, MySQL, shared thumbnails
SABNZBD - sickbeard - Couch Potato - headphones

Rocketfish WirelessHD Adapter (model RF-WHD100)
benq W100
First of....my apologies for crappy pictures...They were taken with my phone in not the most optimal of lighting conditions..

Movies/TV Shows...

Projector/Receiver/Computer

Screen is currently just the wall...eventually Ill get something but this works just fine for now.

Logitech Harmony remote and Kindle Fire running ICS and Yatse XBMC Remote

Projector is an Infocus in3106. Got it for a steal on Amazon ($250 w/shipping). 720p native resolution.
Receiver is an older Yamaha 5.1 that I have had for about 10 years but still works like a champ. I need to upgrade but Im not overly concerned currently.
Computer is my custom build gaming machine that I build a few years ago:
Antec Twelve Hundred
Asus Maximus II Formula
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC'd to 3.2Ghz.
8GB DDR2 RAM
PNY XLR8 GTX460
~6 TB HDD Space

Not the newest nor the greatest setup but I recently just bought my first house and peiced together what I already had with a few new pickups/finds. My computer currently runs XBMC 12.0 with the AEON MQ4 skin.
This is a great thread.
Here is the playroom. TV is mounted with a retractable mount that makes it look like the TV is floating. There was just enough clearance for the TV. The WDTV live hub is in the cabinet hooked to the wired network. Acts as a NAS for the HTPC running XBMC.
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
Here is the home theater, which we have not had much use for since our kids are very young. However, I just set up XBMC on a HTPC. Now working on picking a projector. Ideally, I'll have the cabinets ripped out, wall mount a screen, replace the carpet, etc. For now, I'll probably do the projector, thinking Epson 3020 or 5020 with a manual retractable screen.
Klipsch reference fronts with built in subs, reference 12W sub, Klipsch regular center, and rears. Receiver is a cheap Onkyo that replaced old Yamaha that bit the dust.

And the brains in the utility room behing the TV in the movie room. Wired home network, Dell Vostro HTPC.
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Nice room Eric! That cabinet space looks like a great spot for a nice Black Diamond Zero Edge Tongue ... Really like the theater seating too.
Thanks tman. Thanks to the influence of this awesome thread I am now going to have to pull the trigger on a projector tomorrow. The front row of seats were left to us by the prior owners. Only problem is that they do not recline, although they have foot rests. The couch is our old couch which is super comfy and fits perfectly. We never thought we would even use that room, but we are starting to.
Just trying to decide if I think I can thread an HDMI cable thru the ceiling or if I should go with the Epson projector with WirelessHD.
E
Nice! I expect to see some new pics then... I don't think I would go with the WirelessHD personally, but it's up to you man. Let us know how it works out.
Long time lurker, first time posting. I love browsing through this thread and seeing everyone's set ups. Some simple and others extravagant and way out of budget for me Tongue It gives me ideas of how I want to plan my next set up. I live in a condo atm so I'm only running with the basics, but hopefully in the future (2-5 years) I'll be able to build my family and myself a nice home theater. I will have to post pictures tonight of mine later tonight.
tman, I did not go with the wirelessHD, but I'm now having trouble getting my fish tape across the ceiling. May need to pick up some glo sticks.
E
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures7