Movie library issue with .actors folder
Hi.

I am debating whether this represents a bug or not?

I have a separate folder for each movie as recommended. I have exported (multiple files) the library back to the NAS and exported actor thumbs. So the NAS now has for each movie...

moviename
|
|------- .actors
| |----- actor1.tbn
| |----- actor2.tbn
|
|------- movie.avi
|------- movie.nfo
|------- movie.tbn
|------- movie-fanart.jpg

When the scraper scans this structure, it attempts a lookup of the .actors folder (which fails). However - it does this on every library update... this is a loooong process.

NOTE - I have both "scan recursively" and "folder name contains movie name" options selected - but I don't think this should be an issue since the UI allows both options to be selected?

At the moment, I have deleted the .actors subfolders throughout the NAS share - but shouldn't .actors be excluded from the update?

Thanks, J.
it should.
Oh. Errrmmm... I don't think it is though Smile

Unless I'm talking poo - however, the update library function is taking a huge amount of time to complete with the progressbar just flickering.

Since this may be an issue - I'll stop talking abstract and get a debug log from the installation tonight and upload it to pastebin.

Thanks Spiff.
should as in it should, not should as in it does Smile

try adding <expression>.actors</expression> as a excludefromscan one and see if it helps.
spiff Wrote:should as in it should, not should as in it does Smile

Ah! With you!

spiff Wrote:try adding <expression>.actors</expression> as a excludefromscan one and see if it helps.

Now, why didn't *I* think of that, d'oh.

OK - I'll give it a go. Thanks.
(2010-02-01, 16:24)spiff Wrote: should as in it should, not should as in it does Smile

try adding <expression>.actors</expression> as a excludefromscan one and see if it helps.
I have added these lines
Code:
<video>
        <excludefromscan>
            <expression>.actors</expression>
            <expression>tmp</expression>
        </excludefromscan>
    </video>
but I get the error
Code:
21:18:19 T:2956017664   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://SERVER/Disk1/Series/.actors'
                                            unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie library issue with .actors folder0