• 6(current)
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter
Here are so many users with this stupid prob. Please post more to find a reason.

All winversions are involved.

ATI or Nvidea = same prob.
I am glad i found this thread, this means i am not alone with this problem. I have problems with both dvd and mkv files in win 7, but after a restart of windows it seams to work for a while.
I've got this issue sometimes too.

I've got XBMC 10 installed on a Win7 64bit Intel i3 system. I find the issue comes up when I leave XBMC running (the system is never in sleep mode) for long amounts of time. A restart of XBMC fixes the problem.

My symptoms are choppy video playback and skin UI navigation.
I had to push this threat. This problem is amazing for me.
Yes we will all have to wait until the AE branch is finished for this as I doubt much work will be done on the audio clock sync error (which is the cause).

If i wasn't so lazy I would test out a few things as a work around (a/v sync settings) but there we are.
msderganc Wrote:I've got this issue sometimes too.

I've got XBMC 10 installed on a Win7 64bit Intel i3 system. I find the issue comes up when I leave XBMC running (the system is never in sleep mode) for long amounts of time. A restart of XBMC fixes the problem.

My symptoms are choppy video playback and skin UI navigation.
I AM NOT ALONE!!!

For me, as msderganc stated, its not just video playback but very erratic UI navigation after my HTPC has been idle for a few hours. I have Win7 64 bit with all sleep, hibernate, screen saver, etc settings turned off. The weird thing is that I dont have the same issue on my HTPC #2. HTPC #2 is wired directly to my NAS via the wireless router. while HTPC #1 is wireless. I think I read somewhere that this issue could be related to some SMB timeout?

Anyway, I hope this issue gets resolved ASAP.
Probably doesn't help but I am also experiencing this problem. AMD x2 with ATI graphics.
I had a similar stutter after sleep. This solved my issue in Windows 7 both x64 or 32bit.

1. Start, type cmd, right click, Run as Administrator.
2. Type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true and press enter.
3. Type bcdedit /enum and press enter.
4. Verify that useplatformclock is on/true.
5. Restart the computer then test playback behavior.

Not a lot on this, but it has to do with multi core CPU's, the FSB of the system and how windows reads the system clock. It can easily be backed out. It can also be put into the boot.ini in XP as /usepmtimer
Quote:it has to do with multi core CPU's

but i have this problem also with my PentiumM SingleCore CPU.
skepti Wrote:but i have this problem also with my PentiumM SingleCore CPU.

And you expect it to run XBMC without problems? There are multiple reasons for video stutter. I post a solution to one of them. I hope that it helps some users with the issue.
On my Pentium Mobile 1,7 GHz laptop no Problem but video stutter after s3. The nvidia

6600go is my friend :-)

In this threat on page 8 last post is also one reason and imo we have to wait for a bugfix.
skepti Wrote:On my Pentium Mobile 1,7 GHz laptop no Problem but video stutter after s3. The nvidia

6600go is my friend :-)

In this threat on page 8 last post is also one reason and imo we have to wait for a bugfix.

Did you try the fix i posted?
Quote:Yes we will all have to wait until the AE branch is finished for this as I doubt much work will be done on the audio clock sync error (which is the cause).

If i wasn't so lazy I would test out a few things as a work around (a/v sync settings) but there we are.

no not yet. imo is this post up2datefor me.
Any news on this problem?
This must be a xbmc problem because i have tested MediaPortal for a while and i never had this issue in MP.
is there any way to automatically restart xbmc everytime you wake up from sleep mode except from using eventghost?
If i dont find a solution to this i really need to give up xbmc for MP.
black88mx6 Wrote:I had a similar stutter after sleep. This solved my issue in Windows 7 both x64 or 32bit.

1. Start, type cmd, right click, Run as Administrator.
2. Type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true and press enter.
3. Type bcdedit /enum and press enter.
4. Verify that useplatformclock is on/true.
5. Restart the computer then test playback behavior.

Not a lot on this, but it has to do with multi core CPU's, the FSB of the system and how windows reads the system clock. It can easily be backed out. It can also be put into the boot.ini in XP as /usepmtimer
Well i tried this without any luck, but it may help someone else.
I am not sure this is a windows problem because i have been running mediaportal instead of xbmc for a while and i have never had this problem after sleep in MP.
i think this is a codec problem or something in xbmc causing this problem.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter5