• 7(current)
Work in progress...
grote002 Wrote:Couple screenshots:

Cover Flow
Fan Art
Thumbnail
List

The last one 'List' looks good, with correct aspect ratio.

pretty weird..looks like it's treating your tv shows as movies or something like that.
i'm only using poster-sized thumbs for movies...

did you by any chance set content to Movies on your TV Show folder?
also, there's an option in skin settings to hide the dvd/bluray cases...did you enable that one?

i'll look into this some more when i get home tonight.

grote002 Wrote:Found something else, when i choose ''Wide side menu buttons" and go into "System Info" the background doesnt match the window on top of it. It's only when the menu buttons are out, that the window switches to the right, but the background image doesn't.

System Info

cheers, i'll fix that one. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:did you by any chance set content to Movies on your TV Show folder?
also, there's an option in skin settings to hide the dvd/bluray cases...did you enable that one?

No, i set the dir as a tvshow (TVDB) and in library-view it shows info for each episode. Scraping the dir works fine as well.
I disabled the bluray/tv-case, following screenshot is with it enabled.

Fan art with case
Intel Core2Quad 3,2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GTS450 on Ubuntu 10.10, Denon AVR-2311, Denon POA4400A
grote002 Wrote:No, i set the dir as a tvshow (TVDB) and in library-view it shows info for each episode. Scraping the dir works fine as well.
I disabled the bluray/tv-case, following screenshot is with it enabled.

Fan art with case

i think it's this one:
Settings > Skin Settings > General > TV Shows - Use posters
make sure this option is disabled.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i think it's this one:
Settings > Skin Settings > General > TV Shows - Use posters
make sure this option is disabled.

You are right, but i always had that option enabled before.
Thanks, all is working like it should Smile
Intel Core2Quad 3,2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GTS450 on Ubuntu 10.10, Denon AVR-2311, Denon POA4400A
Another thing i noticed:

I changed the icons that are shown in the 'Shutdown Menu', only 'System Info' 'Exit XBMC' 'Favourites' and 'Settings' are added.
When i go to the 'Shutdown Menu' i get the following.

Shutdown Menu

If i click the 'Select' button on my remote now, it actually exits XBMC and it shows in the xbmc.log it is shutting down, but i dont want that to happen, thats why i disabled 'Shutdown' Smile

Code:
01:07:02 T:3021862784 M:1528348672   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Shutdown()
01:07:02 T:3021862784 M:1528348672   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Shutdown()

If i actually scroll through the buttons and then go back to the home-screen and try the 'Shutdown Menu' again, it shows the last button selected.
grote002 Wrote:Another thing i noticed:

I changed the icons that are shown in the 'Shutdown Menu', only 'System Info' 'Exit XBMC' 'Favourites' and 'Settings' are added.
When i go to the 'Shutdown Menu' i get the following.

Shutdown Menu

If i click the 'Select' button on my remote now, it actually exits XBMC and it shows in the xbmc.log it is shutting down, but i dont want that to happen, thats why i disabled 'Shutdown' Smile

nice one ;-)
never tried myself what happens when you click select without any of the buttons being focused.

anyway it's fixed now.

grote002 Wrote:If i actually scroll through the buttons and then go back to the home-screen and try the 'Shutdown Menu' again, it shows the last button selected.

true, i could force it to default to the same button everytime,
but i think it's a nice feature that it remembers the last position.
Hey Ronnis, skin keeps getting better and better. I was curious how you would go about creating custom submenus and pointing them to specific paths, thanks.
you can add custom folders to some of your menus.
all you need to to is enter the name you've given to this folder in xbmc.

for instance:
Settings > Skin Settings > Menu > Videos > Submenu > Folder 1 > Source name
I recently updated to XBMC r30324 with Transparency! r357 and I noticed that with Wall view in music, page up and page down just move you left or right one position.

BTW, the Blu-ray cases look really cool!
KevinSartori Wrote:I recently updated to XBMC r30324 with Transparency! r357 and I noticed that with Wall view in music, page up and page down just move you left or right one position.

again.....<grumble>

fixed in svn, as well as for all other affected views.
thanx for the heads-up mate ;-)
I seem to have an issue with the XBMC nightly builds where running the ProjectM visualization during music occasionally causes XBMC to crash. I have an LCD HDTV so I know the possibility of burn-in is slight, but I don't want to push my luck.

When I go to Skin Settings --> General --> Show fanart slideshow instead of visualisation and also make sure Use pan and zoom effects is enabled, I don't get the effect when I go to fullscreen while playing music. However, when I go to Skin Settings --> Backgrounds and enable Animated backgrounds, then I see the effect, but obviously now my backgrounds are animated all the time. I don't really care for the pan and zoom effects normally, but I'd like to be able to enable it just for the fullscreen fanart slideshow while music is playing.

Is this currently possible? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
KevinSartori Wrote:When I go to Skin Settings --> General --> Show fanart slideshow instead of visualisation and also make sure Use pan and zoom effects is enabled, I don't get the effect when I go to fullscreen while playing music.

have you set up the fanart slideshow correctly?
it needs a separate folder (extrafanart) with fanart images under each artist folder.
No, I didn't. I thought it would be able to do it with the one fanart for each artist or the default backdrop if there wasn't one. It's no biggie. I'm sure they'll get the issues with ProjectM/AppleTV worked out eventually and then I can go back to running the vis fullscreen while music is playing.

I have to say, the whole XBMC on AppleTV is starting to annoy me. As far as I'm concerned, CrystalHD ended up being a bust and I think it may be time to move on. I'll have to start doing research on XBMC on Acer Revo. I'm curious, Ronie, how do you run XBMC? I know you've said before, but I can't remember.
KevinSartori Wrote:Ronie, how do you run XBMC?

my HTPC runs linux (ubuntu lucid), has an Asus mobo with integrated Intel graphics (so no GPU assisted video decoding). Core2Duo 3Ghz processor with 4GB RAM. plays all HD material just fine.

my development PC also runs ubuntu lucid, Asus mobo, NVIDIA 9400 graphics card, Core2Quad 2.4 GHz and 4GB of RAM.
never use it to play videos, but using VDPAU, it shouldn't be any problem.
Hi ronie, I have just a simple question I can't find the answer anywhere.
But do you plan to add the support of Cleartitle (or TV Show Logo whatever we call it) in Transparency! as for Night for exemple?
Thanks in advance
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Work in progress...0