[LINUX] How do I execute shell scripts?
Hi community,

I am completely new to xmbc - so please excuse if the question has already been answered. Unfortunetaly it is not easy to search for the term "script" in the context of xbmc.

My problem is that I want to execute shell scripts which wake servers, then mount some drives and then start the upnp server in order to play some music.
How do I do that from the xbmc GUI. Is there a xbmc script or plugin which can trigger the linux scripts?

Thanks and best regards
system.exec() / system.execwait() builtin commands. either map it to a button, add a skin button to do it or make a xbmc-python script that runs it
I use this function in my keyboard.xml map, but the script never gets started.

<f10>System.Exec(/usr/local/bin/tvcontrol --poweroff)</f10>
<f9>System.Exec(/usr/local/bin/tvcontrol --poweron)</f9>

I already put in standard commands like Up or Down, they work. Just to proof the correct edit position. What I'm doing wrong? Eek

thx 4 help
Nirvana Wrote:Hi community,

I am completely new to XBMC - so please excuse if the question has already been answered. Unfortunetaly it is not easy to search for the term "script" in the context of xbmc.

My problem is that I want to execute shell scripts which wake servers, then mount some drives and then start the upnp server in order to play some music.
How do I do that from the xbmc GUI. Is there a xbmc script or plugin which can trigger the linux scripts?

Thanks and best regards

I find google very helpful, please try it. https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=ru...utf-8&aq=t

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] How do I execute shell scripts?0