[Mod Request / Request] View Lockdown
I'm definitely not resting.
I always believe in the K.I.S.S principle...2 sets of options-Kiosk mode and Super Kiosk mode, or whatever you call the settings, might just confuse people.

I think what I have posted disabling the (7000) context menu will solve 95% of the "Honey, I think I messed something up" questions everyone gets. If people ask for more... I or someone else can update to disable (7001) also, dialogvideoinfo.xml, and filebrowser.xml. But again those take like 3 clicks to get to so I doubt those will be a huge problem.

I have updated my post to include File mode, myvideo.xml, also...
mcborzu Wrote:I always believe in the K.I.S.S principle...2 sets of options-Kiosk mode and Super Kiosk mode, or whatever you call the settings, might just confuse people.

I agree - and mostly because you gave me everything I asked for.

Laugh

Thanks a bunch. Again. Here's to Hitcher adopting your code for a future release, so I don't need to continually edit stuff when I download updates.
What if the two options were labelled "Lock View" and "Kiosk Mode"? This might be more descriptive.

I'm also up for locking down the extra settings if help is needed. I'd want to take a look around first to get an idea if anymore screens would benefit from being added to the kiosk mode.
TheDuffMan Wrote:What if the two options were labelled "Lock View" and "Kiosk Mode"? This might be more descriptive.

I'm also up for locking down the extra settings if help is needed. I'd want to take a look around first to get an idea if anymore screens would benefit from being added to the kiosk mode.
If anyone of the "Coders" Wink could implement these two options, this would be great!
sonic00 Wrote:If anyone of the "Coders" Wink could implement these two options, this would be great!

+1

I'm completely impressed with the work so far - it's locked down exactly what I needed, so that 'little hands' can't easily make a mistake. I can only imagine how much better it would be with full-on Kiosk mode.
Alright I think I covered everything:
Movies
TV Shows
Music
Files Mode
and Steps for Total lockdown...

Check my post on Page 1 of this post for Step by Step Instructions.
Damn you guys are fast, I'm going to test this right now Smile
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Added:

View Lockdown & Total Lockdown options.

Thanks for the work.
* hikaricore cheers.
Hi Hitcher,

following problem occured when i use the VIEW LOCKDOWN function. It works really fine, but in MUSIC it is not possible to change to file view to add some music files to the library. Sad

So please add the Files Submenu to the Main Menu in Music and everything is fine. If you don't - every time i add some music i had to disable the view lock. Shocked

Thank you again.

Efty
I think it's working as expected. When you lock the views, you should not be able to change the views. There's no bug here.
efty.edge Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

following problem occured when i use the VIEW LOCKDOWN function. It works really fine, but in MUSIC it is not possible to change to file view to add some music files to the library. Sad

So please add the Files Submenu to the Main Menu in Music and everything is fine. If you don't - every time i add some music i had to disable the view lock. Shocked

Thank you again.

Efty
You could simply make your own custom submenu button.
@TheDuffMan

Ok - it's no bug. But if i had to unlock everytime i want to add som music, the lock feature is useless. Nod

Hitcher has added wisely a files submenu for Movies and TV-Shows. If this will exist for Music too, the lock feature works like it should. Otherwise the handling between library and file mode is crap. Rolleyes

Efty
efty.edge Wrote:Ok - it's no bug. But if i had to unlock everytime i want to add som music, the lock feature is useless. Nod

Not necessarily. If you change your process, then it works really, really well. For example, when I add new media, I either use FTP to upload the new media from one system to another, or else I remotely access my Media System and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the media files into their respective folders. I also have XBMC on a schedule which automatically restarts it, and then, imports any and all changes.

Technically, it's a "works for me, but maybe not for you" scenario.

Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod Request / Request] View Lockdown0