Error: success
ok, im trying to access a shared folder on my computer through workgroups, n i get a error called success n i dont see my computer name, what should i do?
same problem here! Sad

have you found perhaps a resolution?

it works with:

"smb://192.168.0.3"

but only worked some times with

"smb://"

i see always my workgroup, but when i click on it i get

error: success

only sometimes that i saw all the computer in the network
i get this same error when trying to connect to 1 pc in my workgroup via "workgroup smb".

i can access the other 3 pc's on my network fine, it's just one of them that i can't access.

i get the same "error: success" message.

i have found though that i can't access my pc's shares via browsing through my networks from any of my other pc's... i get access denied, which is a real pain, so i'm assuming it's just that i can't browse this pc from my xbox.

i need to do some more digging as to why i can't connect to my pc from another pc before looking into why my xbox can't see me.

(by the way, if i run \\computername\share from another pc, i can get to that share... it's just if i go through my networks or whatever and try to browse through the network, such as microsoft network -> workgroup -> computername i get an error "access is denied")

grrr.

if anyone works this one out, please post the solution in here before i tear all my hair out :nuts: lol

cheers

josh
i've fudged it a bit to get it working (as i'll mostly be playing media from only one pc on my network)...

Quote: <bookmark>
<name>workgroups (smb)</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/photos</path>
</bookmark>

snip

<bookmark>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/music</path>
</bookmark>

snip

<bookmark>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/video</path>
</bookmark>

etc

i'm now able to access my 3 shares (photos, music and video) via my xbox.

great!

cheers

josh
ok now thats what i have found out:

when im alone in our workgroub it doesnt work and i get the success - error.

but if there are two computers online int workgroup it work how it should! - and i can get access to my and the pc shares!
cheers

been bugging me for months this problem...

only happened to the files i share off my main pc since i reinstalled it.
i can access the shares on this pc from any other pc. and can access files on other pcs from the xbox.

the shortcut to the share on the problem pc worked a treat Smile

thanks again

Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: success0