Will the DX build ever see more deinterlacers? (To be blunt)
Ive asked this in a couple others thread and haven't really gotten a for sure answer. With all the new improvements within the DX builds I really want to jump ship and leave the GL builds. It's tough to leave so many of my DVDs looking like crap with the deinterlacers that DX has. So my bottom line question is asking if we will EVER see more deinterlacers with the new DX builds? Is it even possible?

I thought the Xbox was build on DX and it had all the deinterlacers that the GL builds have. I maybe mistaken though. Or maybe the xbox wasn't even built like on DX. Any information would put me more at eas. Thanks!
Sure it will as soon as people make them and they actually work
Thanks Jezz_X

Being completely ignorant to the topic I apologize if these simple like obvious answers.

So since it is possible, I see that in VLC you can use DirectX 3D output and still use Bob as a deinterlacer. And according to this port http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=503...tcount=250 it seems that is XBMC is using a VLC mod to achieve the DXVA2 GPU offload/decoding. Once this is implemented and working does it make it any easier to does it just have nothing to do with it.

I really don't want people to get the impression that I am saying someone needs to get this going. I just want to know if the options exist and might possibly happen in the future.
DeInterlacers on every platform need to be looked at and are being thought about. Pretty much all of the current ones are average at best.
The problem is finding ones that are actually any good and then finding someone who can actually code them into xbmc

So yes the option of new and better one exist but it's all up to when people find the time and will to make / add them same goes for anything like switching from opengl to directx, adding vdpau and dxva. It all takes time and someone has to be willing to put the effort into do it.
Such is the curse of this type Open source software, You can't just order someone to work on something day in and out just because we think it might be good. People do it for free in their spare time what they choose to work on is up to them so it goes back to, more will be added when its added Smile
I completely understand. I despise people that do comes in here and demand that a dev grant their wishes of fixing or adding something to XBMC. Yet, they never want to give an effort to fix it themselves. Your answer is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will the DX build ever see more deinterlacers? (To be blunt)0