Is it possible to have subtitles with Shadows?
Hello,

I have searched around on all the threads here and it seems that this might not be possible as yet with XBMC.....but I was wondering if anyone has a solution and I wasn't able to find it. What I would love to see is the ability for my subtitles in XBMC to have shadows underneath them...similar to what I cna do in Media Player Classic. This is in addition to the border around subtitles that already shows up.

I apologize if this has already been asked or if this is not the right section for this question.

I have XBMC (latest svn 27597) with Aeon skin on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Thanks for any help/advice!
This would be a nice feature. Right now the only way to do this is with substation alpha subs.
I see...I guess that won't work for me since currently mostly 90% of all my subs are in *.srt format Sad
what's the problem about ass/ssa for you?
scoochie Wrote:I see...I guess that won't work for me since currently mostly 90% of all my subs are in *.srt format Sad

You can convert your srt subs to ass using Aegisub.
thanks for the replies.

I will look into the program you suggested gabbott.
I have over 400 srt subs....Is there any easy way to convert them as well as to add the shadowing effect on them?....in some kind of batch mode perhaps?

I guess I will know more once I investigate the program.
I looked into the program...it works well....Also automatically has a shadow for all the subs. I noticed that XBMC has no way of controlling the subs position anymore. Whatever I try in the video calibration is ignored...so I can't move the subs higher up...is there something I am missing in Aegisub to do this? Also I would like to change the colors etc...and am not sure how to do it for all the subs rather than line by line......I guess I will play with it some more and try to learn the Aegisub program a little bit better....thanks for turning me onto it.
After spending half an hour with the program....I have figured out everything that I needed to do ( I just needed to create a new style manager for the subs I wanted)

The only thing remaining is how to convert all my 400+ subs automatically through the program.

Will update again if I figure it out...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to have subtitles with Shadows?0