scraping
Anyone have an issue when you scrape movies it scraps them all with the name "span" and doesnt pull all the movie info. Its been doing that on some movies and never seen this before. Seems to be the ones scraped from Rotten Tomatoes.
moviebuff Wrote:Anyone have an issue when you scrape movies it scraps them all with the name "span" and doesnt pull all the movie info. Its been doing that on some movies and never seen this before. Seems to be the ones scraped from Rotten Tomatoes.

All movies you scrape do this? Does the RT site have the information on the particular movie? So the title of the movie is "span"?
You'll need to be a bit more specific sorry.
RT might have updated their site or it may be an issue with specific movies, I'll have a look into it tonight if I can.
Looks like RT have changed something, movies that have previously scanned correctly now scan with SPAN as the title as you said. I'll have a shot at fixing it now.

edit: looks like vdrfan or someone else has already fixed this issue and some others. Please upgrade the scraper: http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/syste...matoes.xml
Big Grin 
Hi there,

I've made some changes to the original IMDB scraper in order to get the movie rating/votes from Rotten Tomatoes. It also get's Title (This way i always get the english title), Genre (I like more the way RT classifies the movies genre) and Plot & Outline (I know, this way it's almost everything from RT Smile, well i made it in a way i could scrape things from where i like it most).

I'm posting this info because i could provide the "changed" scraper if there's anyone interested.
I've tested it a bit and it appears to work, although if RT doesn't have the right imdb id the scraping of that info fails. It happened to me in the movie "Let the right one in (2008)", and i've already mailed RT in order to update the imdb movie ID.

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraping0