• 365(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
@malte v18 release is coming out soon, can you update the repo version?
(2018-10-16, 20:35)garbear Wrote: @malte v18 release is coming out soon, can you update the repo version?
I will try. Usually I wanted to fix/improve some stuff before I update the repo. But atm I have no time to do this. I can fix one or two major annoyances and try to get the current state into the repo. But there are some new requirements where RCB is not up to standard. Might be a long journey to get it accepted.
Hey there,

Im a Big Fan of the RCB, amazing work Malte! Im currently creating a Selfmade Database (currently only in German) which is working in RCB by a selfmade scrapper. I recognized a Bug meanwhile.. RCB is crashing (freezes) when theres too many entries.. is there a way to fix this bug?
Anyone got correct mame games names?

Im using history.dat but lot of games doesnt scrape correctly and only show filename.
Solidus_88 Wrote:Im a Big Fan of the RCB, amazing work Malte! Im currently creating a Selfmade Database (currently only in German) which is working in RCB by a selfmade scrapper.
What do you mean with selfmade scrapper? The old way with xml files oder do you code something in python? Please note that the old scraper mechanism using xml files is not supported anymore in newer RCB versions. Sorry.
Solidus_88 Wrote:I recognized a Bug meanwhile.. RCB is crashing (freezes) when theres too many entries.. is there a way to fix this bug?
Where do you have too many entries? In RCB or in your database? What kind of database do you use? Can you show me a log when RCB freezes?
trihy  Wrote:Anyone got correct mame games names?

Im using history.dat but lot of games doesnt scrape correctly and only show filename.
Sorry for not looking into your MAME issue for so long. I hope I will find some time soon.
Hey Malte;

Thanks for the fast respond! Its coded in python and works the same way like gamedb and others, just its a selfmade online database (currently not available for public). High resolution Covers, correct plots from the back covers etc. Over 10 000 entries already.

Well i guess too many games in the database.. as long i use filters like letters and stuff it works great.. as soon im trying to list all... it crashes. Need to upload the log file when i have time. As you speak german as well it shouldnt be a big problem to handle it xD..

Here is an impression video from my database:
https://youtu.be/xp_t2zfD2TE
Hi @malte ,

Great work.
Wonder if you've considered speaking to Jason over at Launchbox about the games database (https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/).

I know in the past Jason has spoken about making the API open to allow others to scrape information. Think it could be a great source for you?

Martin
Thank you very much for the addon.
I have encountered a problem with adding superretro (supergnes) as an emulator on my nvidia shield. When I click on a snes rom nothing happens? I have no problem with nes roms and the nes.mu emulator.
(2018-10-29, 19:03)Solidus_88 Wrote: Hey Malte;

Thanks for the fast respond! Its coded in python and works the same way like gamedb and others, just its a selfmade online database (currently not available for public). High resolution Covers, correct plots from the back covers etc. Over 10 000 entries already.

Well i guess too many games in the database.. as long i use filters like letters and stuff it works great.. as soon im trying to list all... it crashes. Need to upload the log file when i have time. As you speak german as well it shouldnt be a big problem to handle it xD..

Here is an impression video from my database:
https://youtu.be/xp_t2zfD2TE
 May I ask where you got your german game descriptions?
Thanks a lot for this addon...love it!

I have been using older version in Jarvis for some time and just made the leap to Leia and latest version. ROMS launching great however....

in the old version, if i select view as favorites it remembered, so if i closed RCB then re opened it would be showing only favorites until i manually de-select, likewise if i launch a ROM from favorites, when i close the game RCB still showed favorites and still remembered where i was in the menu i.e the game i previously launched is highlighted.

In 2.23 it forgets - if i close and re-open RCB  it auto de-selects favorites, loading my full ROM set to display rather than just favorites and if i launch / close a Rom that i selected from favorites view it auto de-selects favorites when returning to RCB showing full ROM list again, and when i re-select favorites it takes me to the start of the list, not last launched game.

Is there an xml or similar somewhere i can set it to remember i selected favorites like in old version? (i already have the option to save view state on exit and save view state on launch emu selected in addon settings)

Thanks!!
No Emu-Autoconfig on Android / Kodi 18 Beta

Hey Folks, as Retroplayer aint fully implemented in Kodi 18 Beta yet, i want to continue using external Emulators. But i just cant get this to work.
I tried several recent RCB-Versions - but always stuck.
When adding a new Collection, first Question is "Want to use Retroplayer?" when selecting No it leads to enter the Path for the Emulator. No Way (at least for Everyday-Users) in Android to do so. Same, if i first agree to use Retroplayer, and change the Settings afterwards.
I pulled the emu-autoconfig.xml from the Addon, placed it somewhere, and pointed to that file in the Config - No Success as well.

Am i just blind, or is it a Bug related to Retroplayer?
As i assume, even when Retroplayer is fully integrated, Ppl may want to use different Emulators, there should be a Way to do so. What am i missing?
(2018-11-11, 12:15)dafunkyfire Wrote: as Retroplayer aint fully implemented in Kodi 18 Beta yet

RetroPlayer is fully implemented on some platforms, and the rest will follow. External emulators mean that we're running code out-of-process, and this will never be as intuitive or integrated as RetroPlayer. RetroPlayer runs emulators in-process using the libretro API, so integration and configuration will always be superior.
(2018-11-11, 12:15)dafunkyfire Wrote: As i assume, even when Retroplayer is fully integrated, Ppl may want to use different Emulators, there should be a Way to do so. What am i missing?

Give it a try Smile We have an emulator selection dialog.
There is a way to use retroarch with rcb?

I installed retroarch and is working fine as standalone.

Tried to change my nes rcb collection from a standalone emulator to retroarch but no luck. Should I use custom parameters for retroarch? I just let %ROM%, but doesnt launch.

Thanks
(2018-11-13, 12:35)trihy Wrote: There is a way to use retroarch with rcb?

I installed retroarch and is working fine as standalone.

Tried to change my nes rcb collection from a standalone emulator to retroarch but no luck. Should I use custom parameters for retroarch? I just let %ROM%, but doesnt launch.

Thanks

Before using Retroplayer with RCB or AEL or IAGL, I recommend the following:

1) Put some uncompressed ROMs in a directory. For best results put one or two ROMs of each system you want to run.

2) Install Leia Beta 5 and configure your gamepad.

3) Go to the Games section in the Home screen, add as a Source the directory you created in 1).

4) Browse into the ROMs directory (the Source you created in 3)) and try to execute the ROMs. Kodi should open a selection dialog with the different cores available to each platform. Select the core (in other words, emulator) you want to use and Kodi will download the binary addon corresponding to that core. Emulation will start, preceded with a couple of information dialogs.

Note that the Libretro cores are available as binary addons in Windows and ARM architectures. I believe the beta version of LibreELEC has them as well (not verified). I have no idea about how to get the cores if you use Linux.

Some cores require BIOSes or other files. Unless you place the correct BIOSes and files in the correct directory emulation for those cores won't work.

You cannot use cores that require OpenGL in Kodi Leia.

Once Retroplayer is working well and you have tested it then it's time to use RCB/IAGL/AEL. Again, note that ROMs must be unzipped.

This instructions are valid when the post was written/edited.
Hi. Thanks.

Im a little new to retroarch and still experimenting with rcb/ael

Dont want to use kodi built in retroplayer atm. Need something more robust in the meantime. Will be great in the future, but still has some work to do.
  • 365(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20