playing 1080p with dxva
hi,

i installed the latest version (rev 28622) and i have a problem - when playing a 1080p video with subtitles, sometimes the video stutters.

as i set the subtitles for bigger font, the problem gets bigger, and when i set them to the lowest font, it almost doesn't stutter.

when i cancel the subtitles, everything works great. what am i doing wrong?

and one more little problem which happened to me only twice so far - some videos lower half of the screen is black (so far it happened on 1080p version of from dusk till down, and family guy - 720p web-dl episodes)

i'm on atom330 with nvidia ION.
Im not sure about the files with subs but are the ones with half black screen m2ts files?

This is straight from the tracker when DXVA was implemented.
Known issues:
Apple encoded h264 => green screen or corrupt green screen
Raw blueray h264 => weird corruption of bottom half of video
no, regular mkv files
Same here,

I have an Acer Aspire Revo r3610 (Atom 330, NVIDIA ION) running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits and some videos have half bottom black (it's more 1/3 than half).

It happens with Apple trailers, and resolutions from 320x240 to 1920x1080. I think that all of them use H264, but not sure...

It didn't happen before to me, but I was playing with dsplayer releases (to try to get my scrapers and plugins back) and now happens when I enable the DXVA rendering (without DXVA, this machine can't handle HD files)

VLC player, using the same Nvidia drivers and FFDSHOW version works fine for the same files.

I will unistall XBMC and FFDSHOW completelly and retry.

I will keep you posted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playing 1080p with dxva0