ATI HD5000 Series & Native DXVA
Lister of Smeg Wrote:I am using a build with DSPlayer at the moment, but for some reason the video won't play.... I just get a black screen. I attempted to find the problem but i think its FFDshow related and i find that very daunting :o

installing any build after 28720 you will not be able to downgrade to a lower revision as the databases are not compatible. Sure I read somewhere, that a backp of your app data folder would make it sligthly easier to revert back though can't say that for certain.

Why if you are having problems with the DSPlayer configuration, do you post here and not on the relevant thread, that way the forums don't become fragmented and the devs know what is happening with specific hardware. There is a whole 200+ page thread of issues, resolutions etc. Pop over and see whether your question has in fact been addressed.

Tell them what revision you are using, hardware, OS etc and see what response you get? You don't say what build you are using, but given the question about the databases I have to assume it is an earlier one. There is a newer DSPlayer build (see sticky), but again it carries the warning about the database compatibility.

Tiben and Seb are working extremely hard on the branch, but I would say to keep any comments, complaints, suggestions etc relevant to DSPlayer and not about the trunk build which they have no control over.
Thanks for the tips regarding DSPlayer...

The reason i haven't posted anything on the DSPlayer thread is because my main issue is with the Native DXVA support...

I'm not overly interested in getting DSPlayer to work because Native DXVA support is much more convienient.
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
Lister of Smeg Wrote:Thanks for the tips regarding DSPlayer...

The reason i haven't posted anything on the DSPlayer thread is because my main issue is with the Native DXVA support...

I'm not overly interested in getting DSPlayer to work because Native DXVA support is much more convienient.

Let me try and understand this. Are you using a current DSPlayer build to take advantage of a more recent svn trunk and then using the native dxva implementation ignoring DSPlayer altogether? What build are you using? Huh
steelman1991 Wrote:Let me try and understand this. Are you using a current DSPlayer build to take advantage of a more recent svn trunk and then using the native dxva implementation ignoring DSPlayer altogether? What build are you using? Huh

Yes that pretty much correct. I have this build "XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe"

I thought a newer svn might get around some of the native DXVA issues i was having.... sadly it didn't

P.S. I'm fairly new to this XBMC stuff, so if what i am doing sounds stupid i would appreitiate any help or advice you can give
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
Just confirming DXVA has problems with 5770, Win 7 x64.

Fullscreen: flickery
Windowed: completely black

Interestingly if you hit tab to bring up the GUI you can see the movie playing perfectly in the background. Tab back to the video and it's flickery/black again.
Lister of Smeg Wrote:Yes that pretty much correct. I have this build "XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe"

I thought a newer svn might get around some of the native DXVA issues i was having.... sadly it didn't

P.S. I'm fairly new to this XBMC stuff, so if what i am doing sounds stupid i would appreitiate any help or advice you can give

Not stupid, it just got a little confusing for a time. The build you are using isn't that new - either for trunk or DSPlayer builds - svn 28940 (from here http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ is the most recent unofficial build) DSPlayer (which will have a more recent trunk implementation as its core build) latest here http://passion-xbmc.org/gros_fichiers/xb.../index.php.

Either of those two builds, though if you aren't running DSPlayer at all I would suggest the rev28940 unofficial build, will give access to a more recent trunk build than you are using. Though the obvious drawback is the one we've discussed already, backward database compatibility (there isn't any).

Although I can't say for sure, I doubt whether using either build will give you less of a playback experience than you currently have, but understand I can only go on my own experience and neither have caused any further issues than those that I was already aware of.

I'm a tinkerer therefore I have no fear of dipping into the unknown, with a new build and database structure. If it didn't work and I wanted to get back to a more stable state, I just uninstalled (including the Profile folder), reinstalled and let xbmc re-populate my sources (I always back up my movie data, thumbs, fanart etc on a regular basis, this makes rebuilding so much quicker if need be - go to System\Video\Library\Export Video Library). I appreciate not everyone is so inclined, but as Del Boy says "Who Dares wins Rodney" Big Grin
Mange Tout Rodney, Mange Tout Laugh
HTPC specs:
just installed one of the recent svn's from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and the new catalyst drivers (10.3) and things are definitely getting better on the dxva front. no longer getting a black screen with dxva enabled (not adjusting refresh rate to match). just the flickering that other people mentioned.

hd5450 - win7 64bit
cotdagoo Wrote:just installed one of the recent svn's from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and the new catalyst drivers (10.3) and things are definitely getting better on the dxva front. no longer getting a black screen with dxva enabled (not adjusting refresh rate to match). just the flickering that other people mentioned.

hd5450 - win7 64bit

Aha - with the latest build mine is completely fixed. Ignore my post above.
I would just like to report that rev28275 that I updated to using XBMCUpdate works like a charm. I just tried DXVA and it's working like it should with no issues at all (yet!).

what's the difference between the builds from sshcs and the ones from XBMCUpdate that are from shadow-project i believe ?

Anyways, I'm lovin' it.
Using 28275, catalyst 10.3 on a HD5850, here's what I get:

- typically playing 1080p 4 cores get to 15-18% useage
- If not using true fullscreen, I get nothing (somewhat expected - but this should be addressed)
- If using true fullscreen with no syncing, no adjust refresh, I get high speed flashing. However, it is definitely working, because cpu useage drops to less than 1%. GPU useage goes up to around 5-8%
- If I turn on 'sync video to refresh', I get very slow flashing
- If I turn on 'adjust refresh to match video', the program freezes, the audio loops, and I have to force exit.
vinistois Wrote:Using 28275, catalyst 10.3 on a HD5850, here's what I get:

- typically playing 1080p 4 cores get to 15-18% useage
- If not using true fullscreen, I get nothing (somewhat expected - but this should be addressed)
- If using true fullscreen with no syncing, no adjust refresh, I get high speed flashing. However, it is definitely working, because cpu useage drops to less than 1%. GPU useage goes up to around 5-8%
- If I turn on 'sync video to refresh', I get very slow flashing
- If I turn on 'adjust refresh to match video', the program freezes, the audio loops, and I have to force exit.

Thats exactly the same as the issues i am having. I am still trying to find a solution Sad
HTPC specs:
I have been reading and reading and still found no answer.

I too get the high speed flicker rev 28960 gives me no flicker but cpu usage is high so guessing dxva is not working even though selected.
Rev 28981 gives me the bad flickering both sshc releases..

Tried Dsplayer and all I get is black screen with audio. But if I hit tab I get video but with menu over lay really weird.....

Running latest ati driver with a HD 5450 card...

Any more ideas please.
How do we know if this problem is being worked on?
vinistois Wrote:How do we know if this problem is being worked on?

Watch the TRAC timeline for daily changes.
http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI HD5000 Series & Native DXVA0