[MAC] TV show episodes not recognized
I just can't get XBMC to recognize the episodes of my TV shows! Can somebody please help me with this? I've been trying for 2 days now and I just can't do it.

The TV shows itself are recognized, just not the episodes.

I have a file "advancedsettings.xml" in my userdata folder with the following content:

Code:
<xml>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</xml>

My folder structure is like this:
TV-Serien/Frasier/Season_1/Frasier_s01_e01-06/VIDEO_TS/

Logfile:
http://pastebin.com/0dqs5VwB
hi, the solution is easy.. rename your episode files with 1x2 or s01e02! this the correct way to the scraper recognize which chapter is scanning.
after this ,don't forget to "scan for new content" on the folder of the tv show
I tried about a hundred different ways to name the episode folders and none of them worked including the ones you mentioned.
This is from the debug log:
Quote:DEBUG: could not enumerate file /Volumes/Mediathek1/TV-Serien/Heroes/Season_1/Heroes_s01_e23/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
DEBUG: Not adding item to library as no info was found Sad

What exactly does that mean?
Perhaps you could have said "I have my tv shows ripped as dvd folders".

That way we could tell you right away that it's not really supported. There are some hacky ways to do it such as naming the folder appropriately then changing the regexps to suit (currently the regexps pick up only the filename portion - VIDEO_TS.IFO in your case).

The much easier way is to consider ripping to a more useful format - i.e. one file per episode.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK that clears it up...thanks for your help Jonathan, and sorry for not posting the problem correctly.

Ripping one file per episode is of course best, but since I didn't know that before and I don't want to rip all my DVDs again I just helped myself by merging the VOBs into one single VOB per disc and then naming them appropriately. That solved the issue. Everything works fine now.
Nice work - a simple solution to the problem Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Exclamation 
Hi, I use xbmc r28275 with win7. The selection scraper for serie tv is TheTVDB.

I have a problem with episode in tv show (0 episodes for only series tv)
Film that's ok.

This is log
http://pastebin.com/1MGDBTRn

Problem log is
323.14:34:49 T:4824 M:702353408 DEBUG: could not enumerate file P:\Serie TV\CSI Scena del crimine\Stagione 1\CSI - 1x16 - Difetti_Del_Sistema.italian.avi

What is the problem?
Not the same problem at all, but it's clear you are at fault:

Quote: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<tvregex>[Ss]([\d]{1,2}).?[Ee]([\d]{1,2})</tvregex>
<tvregex>([\d]{1,2}) ?[xX] ?([\d]{1,2})</tvregex>
<tvregex>([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])</tvregex>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Clearly none of those regexps match your files, particularly since XBMC doesn't read a <tvregex> tag.

Exclamation 
thank Jmarshall, but what is the solution?
with version 9.11 I had no problem (found the file name with the TV series/lost/season 2/2x09. title.avi) but I wanted to change for r28275 for dxva.I have also created nfo file for each episode. Now I have tried in any way, with nfo, without, with advancedsetting without but I can not do more to fit with xbmc.films are perfect but no episodes of TV series.
What is my mistake?
Exclamation 
So can someone help me explain better: Win 7 xbmc r28275, I have a NAS where there are all files. Within the NAS I have a folder called "TV series. in the TV series all series (Lost, 24. house, etc.). The devil that I chose for the TV series is name series / season / series name name file.avi 1x02). regexp which I use the file advancedsetting? help me please. More info are in previous posts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] TV show episodes not recognized0