Help with settings of nvida G210 in Ubuntu
Hi

First of all, all my threads are vanished, so I can not trace anymore the advice that I received, so sorry, I have to start again with some questions.

I have a Acer X3810 and diNovo Mini Hardware, which has Geforce G210 graphics card and Dual core processor.

I installed W7 and Ubuntu. XBMC under W7 works good, and I can select the 1080 driver for my Philips LCD TV, and I can select 720p level with 60Hz. Video's are performing well. However XBMC under Ubuntu on same PC does not allow me to select full 720p, and only 50Hz, so now I get some sync problems with video playback,

Somebody has answered this before, that I need to change a file in Ubuntu to allow all settings to be visible in XBMC/Ubuntu, so also the 60Hz setting.

Please help again,
thanks
Flex
I had another thread on this : Driver setting for Philips 42PFL5203/98
This thread completely vanished. If anyone remembers the answer, please let me know
Wouh, I found a cached recording via Google, and the answer came from Starstream as follows (still strange that this thread has vanished in this forum)

The resolution lock you mention is a known issue at least under XBMC Live which uses Ubuntu as its underlying OS but strips out the desktop.

Why it does this I do not know, there is a fix under XBMC Live where you set "DynamicTwinView" "false" in the screen section of xorg.conf and that will unlock other resolutions. No idea if this can be applied to Ubuntu desktop OS.

The custom xbmcfreak live build includes this tweak.
just to bring it all together for you...

there was a crash a week or so ago, and anything posted on the forum in the past 6 weeks of so (before a few days ago) was lost.

glad you got it working

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with settings of nvida G210 in Ubuntu0