Adding menus/commands etc...
Hi all,

I've been a long-time XBMC user, but "defected" to MythTV a couple of years ago, and last night thought to check back in.

Wow, what a lot of change - it's no longer confined to the XBOX for one thing ;-)

I installed the Linux version last night, and all I can say is WOW! I am very impressed and more than a little happy that there is a Linux version.

However, I do have a couple of questions if someone might indulge me.

I have searched the forum but I can only find references to adding menu options to skins, not to the whole app as a whole, so to speak.

I am very much into home-automation, and have a touchscreen and other associated ways to turn off lights, set alarms, view cameras (via programs I have written), I'm using Trixbox to gain access to the house via a phone in my absence etc... All of the programs have been written by me, mainly in Python with a touchscreen interface written in C#.

I'd like to be able to add menus (preferably OSD menus) that allow me to execute, say for arguments sake, python scripts. I figure I can either shell them, or rewrite them as scripts inside XBMC. If I choose the latter option, will I be able to run those whilst watching/listening to videos/music?

Also, at the moment, whilst the live-tv/myth:// stuff is in there and is looking very good, and I have that working; I like to use Myth for the TV simply because the on-screen interface is easier to use (IMO).

The only problem is, that if I have used XBMC on the machine, then I open Myth, I have no sound in Myth - and then no sound in *some* videos when I return to XBMC.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Is this a common problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding menus/commands etc...0