Making a touch screen skin (whats it need)
If you are using windows 7 and a touch screen monitor, some skins will work straight away, but with a few problems e.g if the skin does not fully support mouse actions.

I have tried doing this a few times on my touch screen, but being honest, I ended up giving up and just used the keyboard instead.

The idea of having touchscren for XBMC for myself seemed like an excellent one to start with, but unless you specifically have a skin that is touch screen friendly then you are just going to be wasteing your time.

I have 1500 movies so straight away, using a touch screen to go through most of those movies, would be impossible, you would get RSI from doing so.

I am 50/50 on whether a touch screen skin would actually work, it would in the respects of being able to type in a movie, or goto a genre, but it would be a lot of work to just browse through a lot of movies.

Still can't wait to see this skin released and give in a go.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
ok... thank you, i wondered why the "Confluence Touch me"-folder is having just about 2,5 MB.
Sorry, but i'm new with all this stuff!

Well, i'll use the XBMC just for a MP3/Internetradio-PC. I got an cheap ELO-15"-Touchscreen at the Bay yesterday, so i'll try this out... if it dosn't work, i'll use another Media-Center-Software.
Does anybody know another option?
This program is the best that I have found for MP3 jukebox, also does music, radio, pictures etc etc

http://www.zenpoint.org/

Well worth the money and the support is second to none.

Free demo, so download and I bet you will fall in love with it.

Only downside is the way that you have to have the movies.

E.G

Action Movies
- Cobra
- Rambo

Family Movies
- Mary Poppins
- Dumbo

So really I do not use it for movies, just looks excellent for a jukebox.

There are other free touchscreen jukeboxes, but sadly do not work much on newer operating systems.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
MarkTaunton Wrote:This program is the best that I have found for MP3 jukebox, also does music, radio, pictures etc etc

http://www.zenpoint.org/

hey thanks. Will give this a whirl tonight.
Nay probs, it also handles external programs as well, so if you want Mame to run from the touch screen, that's easy to set up, you can add notepad, calculator etc etc, whatever exe programs you have really.

Mine is just jukebox, but when I first played with it, then I was using it for the radio, thousands of stations, well maybe hundreds, but it really is a cool program.

I tried it before I actually had touchscreen and just fell in love with it, then they had a january sale on the program so I thought sod it and just ended up buying it, but at $35 around £25 it is well worth the money.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
@Jezz_X

Have you had a chance to work on this skin lately?
no Sad and to be honest I'm thinking of a graphics redesign though not sure I can pull it off
If you use touchscreen as a secondary screen just give a try at Yatse :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=68936

Only windows but does the work Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:no Sad and to be honest I'm thinking of a graphics redesign though not sure I can pull it off

That's a pity, hoping to get an exopc tablet when they come out later this year and it would be great to have a touchscreen skin that supported live tv.

@Tolriq

The skin will need to be used for media playback but thanks anyways.
bump..

if this will be abandoned, would you mind posting the current "as-is" code, so others can pick this up and continue on?

thanks again!
If someone wants it (to code or graphics) and reckons they can use it, I'm happy to post it, its not really usable as a skin yet by a long shot. All they have to do is ask and I'll mail it to them. Its still not abandoned I do plan on doing more its just the old "real life" getting in the way plus like I said I'm rethinking it and I never managed to get hold of a touchscreen for testing so I'm doing it blind
I can see you are located on Earth so it should not be that difficult to get hold of! Smile
Just as a note I have been using Dharama 10.0 with the standard confluence on a 22" touch screen. So far it works great, however there is one issue that is driving me nuts. When you scroll through menus or movie covers, the cursor is left where you begin scrolling. This causes the covers to start scrolling and the speed of this automatic scrolling depends on how far the cursor is from the selected.

Just one big question what is causing this.

Also scrolling can be done by dragging up on a horizontal menu or cover view as well. Not really a biggy but still kinda weird.

The only thing I can think of that may fix this is make the selected a fixed position and snapping the mouse to the selected when not in use. Having the selected stay in the center seems to work with keyboard left and right. But the moment the screen is touched, this is lost and the selected can be anywhere on the screen. I'm sure this is all handled by the XBMC engine and not really a skinners problem but just food for thought.
If you haven't installed the "joggler" skin, i would recommend giving it a try . DJToll has created a great touch friendly skin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84175

I have now been keyboard and mouse free since installing this for use on my touchscreen based XBMC setup (MSI Windtop AE1900).
yup tried joggler. The problem is that joggler avoided the problems that come with touch by making the skin painfully simple. After checking other routes I have noticed it is how windows handles drag on non-touch applications. The above is the same for dragging on applications such as web-browsers and system windows. And on some applications the cursor can appear randomly after being dragged. The only other fix i can think of is to have the mouse instantly hide if it is not being used. However, this might be a problem when tabbing through windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making a touch screen skin (whats it need)1