Acer Revo 3610 - Ubuntu 9.10 Minimal XBMC - Some ALSA advice pls
I'm hoping some kind soul can offer a bit of advice when it comes to configuring ALSA.

I've done my best to search for answers (here & elsewhere) but haven't hit anyone trying to do similar. Not looking for a full solution (thou it'd be nice), but I figure a fair few ppl here are running Revo's with variants on the Ubuntu theme and maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Setup:
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic minimal install.
XBMC - last 'stable' build pre-addon merge. (FWIW, used AndyBlac's XBMC install script). AlsaMixer v1.0.22 installed

Connectivity:
Revo 3610 - S/PDIF out to Logitech Amp -> working as pass-thru perfectly for my needs.
Squeezebox connected to Revo 3610 via Revo MIC in

Now then, in Windows 7, it's a piece of p*ss to setup the MIC input to be mapped to the default playback device. This saves me having to mess about switching Logitech Amp inputs and means when the HTPC is on, I can use XBMC to play music/tv but when I want to use the Squeezebox, all I have to do it make sure XBMC isn't actively playing anything and fire up music from Sqeezebox instead.

So how the hell can I do the same from Linux? So far, no amount of playing with AlsaMixer has made any difference. I'm aware of the usual stuff like making sure the capture channel is enabled (which it is), but I fear I'm staring down the barrel of Alsa config file changes, in which case I've no idea where to start!

Any advise gratefully received.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 3610 - Ubuntu 9.10 Minimal XBMC - Some ALSA advice pls0