• 6(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC PBX Addon - Home Telephony Experience using Asterisk
understand how to install but some error appearing have enclosed log. please have a look.

04:57:58 T:2857016176 M:1713606656 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
04:57:58 T:2857016176 M:1713606656 ERROR: Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'Language'
04:57:58 T:2857016176 M:1713606656 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/melis/.xbmc/addons/xbmc-pbx-addon/default.py", line 30, in ?
__language__ = xbmc.Language(CWD).getLocalizedString
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Language'
ppic Wrote:what is the problem with the script?

Hi!, this script was not updated to support addon/script/plugin changes introduced with Dharma, and therefore it won't work with current XBMC builds.

I haven't had time to explore myself all the required changes, so the source code is there waiting for some other skilled python coders, oooh just like you Smile

Please let us know if you can help us!

Thanks!!!
Hernán.-
Hi!!
aaa ok understood. thought that there is some problems with my installation.
well if pbx plugin was not ready for dharma then i have no choice but to waitWink unfrtunately I do not python developerWink can only useWink
but anyway thank you for your work. i guess plugin will work some dayWink
thanks
Just wanted to throw my hat in as wanting to see this updated.

Is there a how-to on changing these things over? I've never done it before but I would really like to see this updated.
Also wondering the status of this project, I've tried making changes to script but no success.

AnyoneHuh
Thank you for your interest in this project!

Ok, I'll have to update it, so I'm right now reading this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...lopment%29

Please take a look at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-pbx-addon/; you will find documentation and screenshots. Any kind of help is welcome!

Thanks,
Hernan.-
Very interested in this as well. Smile
@hmr do you think the PHP side of it is okay? I can write PHP code so I'll volunteer for that part.

I dont rightly understand the documentation you put forward there. But I can read the PHP code no problem.

let me know.
OK, so the script is now working on Dharma builds.
However, there are some changes required on the GUI to restore the aspect ratio among other minor things.

I'll try to fix them during the week. As always, any help on this GUI would be great!

After that, I'll release a new version with all these changes.

oneadvent Wrote:@hmr do you think the PHP side of it is okay? I can write PHP code so I'll volunteer for that part.

I dont rightly understand the documentation you put forward there. But I can read the PHP code no problem.

let me know.

This documentation is some kind of guideline for the development: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-pbx-addon/...evelopment

Besides that, there are a few comments in code and an "instructions" screen when the script is run for the first time.

Regarding the PHP side of it, it does work and I have not received any complaints so far.
Anyway, I just gave you commit access to the Google Code project site so do whatever you want with it Wink

Looking forward to your commits!
Is there a how to in installing it?
Well I'm not sure how to install either the script or the server_side. I was going to put up a wiki page on it, but I have to know how to do it first.

I literally do not know where to start with xbmc side, so I thought I would start with the server side, and put that server_side folder on the asterisk server and tried to run xbmc-pbx-addon.php and it just shows:

Code:
<pbx/>
<!-- XBMC PBX Addon 0.0.7 -->

Can I get some basic steps here?

Thanks for updating it btw. I'll do my best when I get in there with the interface. I gotta see it first though, lol
Ok, here you go.

First time you run this XBMC addon, you should see these instructions:

-== First time use instructions ==-
1. Edit then copy the autoexec.py file to XBMC's scripts folder
2. Customize and then copy the manager_custom.conf file to /etc/asterisk on your Asterisk server
3. Copy the xbmc-pbx-addon.php file to your Asterisk web server (Apache?) root directory
4. Customize this script settings using the GUI
5. Reboot your Asterisk server and XBMC
6. Everything should be working now
7. Provide feedback on XBMC Forums
8. For more information go to http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-pbx-addon/

Some additional notes:
* I've removed the autoexec.py file from item 1) on last commit but it can be restored.
* The file manager_custom.conf from item 2) defines the user/pass this addon will use to listen for Asterisk call events.
* I assume you have an Apache web server installed on your Asterisk server (because most people have the FreePBX front-end running there). Therefore, you must place this PHP file from item 3) somewhere in your Web Server
* After that, you should be able to start getting some info from your Asterisk displayed in XBMC Smile

Please let me know if this helps for your initial setup.

Regards!
Hernán.-
Can I get more information on step 1 and step 4?

The asterisk parts are done, but I still get the same message:

Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <pbx/><!-- XBMC PBX Addon 0.0.7 -->

I am not sure what the "gui" is. (I know what "gui"s are just not how to call this one.

Most importantly I think is I have no idea where the scripts folder for the linux versions are. I am using the LiveCD install.

Thanks for help so far!
Well, you gave me some ideas so I've added a few more-user-friendly messages on xbmc-pbx-addon.php so now you should realize if the server side is running ok or not.

Please update the PHP file and let me know if now is more clear or any suggestions.

Regarding what GUI is, I use that term refering to the XBMC side of this, so for item 4) I mean you should use the "Add-on settings" context menu for this script.

Also, I've restored the autoexec.py file into SVN and updated it with instructions and paths for XBMC Dharma releases.

Please let me know if you make some progress with these updates.

Thanks!!!
Hernan.-
Okay the PHP script improvement, LOVE IT! Tells me I'm good to go. Which I would think I would be on that end.

The other though, I found your instructions under the autoexec.py:

Code:
Or /home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata on Linux XBMC Dharma versions

That would be mine. It said this script but there is already an autoexec.py under that directory, so I moved the whole thing "script.xbmc-pbx-addon" and that didn't work either.

There is a folder that says addon_data, is that where I should put the folder? Should I just put the one file autoexec.py in the .xbmc/userdata?

After that do I need to reboot?

Again thank you for the help here!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC PBX Addon - Home Telephony Experience using Asterisk3