[Linux] XBMC Autostart problem on Acer Revo R3160
Hey guys, here is a description of my problem, but first the info you need. Take care, I'm quite new at linux so it's possible I did some mistakes.

# Computer: Acer Aspire R3160 Revo / 2 GB Ram / Intel Ion / connected to Philips LCD 5603D via HDMI cable

# Linux Distribution and Version - Ubuntu 9.10 desktop for 64 (Ubuntu 9.10, 2.6.31-20-generic x86_64)

# Architecture x86_64

# Install Method - Manual following guidelines on forum

# SVN Revision - couldn't find under confluence skin, if you can help me where to find it - I'll post it here

# Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem:

Hey guys, here is a short description of the problem. After finally getting everything in working order (this helped me out) I decided that I want to start XBMC the moment my Revo boots. I have used this:

By following these instructions, your system will boot directly into XBMC rather than your desktop from now on. It is advised that you delay this step until XBMC is setup as you'd like it.

* From the desktop click System -> Administration -> Login Window
* From the "Security" tab choose "Enable Automatic Login" and select your username.
* Click "OK" to exit.
* Logout of your system.
* From the Login screen choose "Select Session"
* Choose "XBMC" and click "Change Session"

Everything boots up perfectly fine but I run into a problem that XBMC doesn't register either Wireless or Ethernet connection to my router and Internet. If I allow Ubuntu to boot and then click on XBMC - there is no problem (I get that connected icon). If I go for the Autostart it behaves like it didn't connect at all.

Any ideas?
Bump. Any ideas?
Quote:Everything boots up perfectly fine but I run into a problem that XBMC doesn't register either Wireless or Ethernet connection to my router and Internet. If I allow Ubuntu to boot and then click on XBMC - there is no problem (I get that connected icon). If I go for the Autostart it behaves like it didn't connect at all.

I have not tested this a lot in version 9.11 but I had it working perfectly in 9.04. I am not sure why you would have problem with wired network but wireless needs some tinkering.

This worked in 9.04
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54705
Quote:Wifi WPA2 in XBMC session (USB adaptor)
-------------------
1) Left click on network icon and select network & Connect
2) Right click on network icon , edit connecttions, wireless, select network, Edit - Click Always allow - Check Available to all users
- check remember autorization & enter password
3) Reboot and make sure that no dialog is necessary to connect wifi => Should work fine in the XBMC session.

If you have problem it could be a good idea to try with 32 bit instead.
vikjon0 Wrote:This worked in 9.04
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54705

Thanks! It worked! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] XBMC Autostart problem on Acer Revo R31600