• 7(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
steelman1991 Wrote:He will be purely ripping to the native format of the original file, just placed within an mkv container - MakeMKV doesn't encode, just rips.

Ah I see - that explains it then.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
steelman1991 Wrote:Hi Sylus and welcome - Could you please expand, In what way?

I heard that the clarkdale gpu is still very buggy concerning the software and the driver. Therefore the question is, wheter someone of the users has a clarkdale cpu and gpu and is using xbmc with dsplayer.
Thread header updated - let me know if I missed anything.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Hiho, it's me again (Problem Post)
With the new build, the problem that i had only audio and no video is gone and i can watch 720/1080 videos again over XBMC.

But curiously i had to change the dsconfigfilter.xml file, because XBMC ignored the codecs in the "video dxva=true filter" and always used the "video filter" codec . I don't know why. After i changed the video filter to "ffdvideodxvadec" he used ffdshow with dxva accelartation.

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="mkvsource" />
      <splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
      <video>
        <video dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
        <video filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
      </video>
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>

Is this a dsplayer "bug" that he dosn't recognize that my system (acer aspire r3610) has the ability to use dxva?
Here's a debug log if that's a help for the developer -> http://pastebin.com/bytcb7Sc

Another mystery is, that i don't get mpc video decoder running with dxva. When i use the mpc coded as video filter and dxva filter and i open the video codec dialog while playing a mkv file, i always get the message that dxva isn't active. I don't have the option to active it. i can only choose the combaility modus. But whatever setting i choose the result is always the same.
When i open the file with the mpc-hc dxva is activated.

It dosn't bugging me at the moment, because i got ffd dxva working. But it would interest me why it's not working. I think, like i wrote a few sentences before, that dsplayer dosn't recognize that my system supports dxva and loads the mpc codec without dxva support.
Any option to change that? I use the current nvidia ion graphic and chipset driver, so that shouldn't be the problem.
Tandrin - Could you post your full dsfilterconfig xml to pastebin and then link here.

Thanks
Hi, thanks for the attention.
I didn't re-encode the media, i only put all the videos, audios and subtitles of the dvd into a mkv container.
I suppose that the video is in mpeg2 and the rules of dsfilterconfig.xml associate the .mkv files to the coreavc and the coreavc isn't able to decode it.

If i play the mkv file with the native dvdplayer everythink is ok.

Here's the screenshot of the error when i play the file:
- http://img522.yfrog.com/i/screenerror.jpg

Here's the dsfilterconfig :
- http://pastebin.com/PP8p1Azp

And the log :
- http://pastebin.com/iGmpJX5H

Sorry again for my english.
Cangio87 Wrote:Hi, thanks for the attention.
I didn't re-encode the media, i only put all the videos, audios and subtitles of the dvd into a mkv container.
I suppose that the video is in mpeg2 and the rules of dsfilterconfig.xml associate the .mkv files to the coreavc and the coreavc isn't able to decode it.

If i play the mkv file with the native dvdplayer everythink is ok.

Here's the screenshot of the error when i play the file:
- http://img522.yfrog.com/i/screenerror.jpg

Here's the dsfilterconfig :
- http://pastebin.com/PP8p1Azp

And the log :
- http://pastebin.com/iGmpJX5H

Sorry again for my english.

You are using a VERY old build, please upgrade.

For you issue, that's why there is a "videocodec" attribute for the video codec. You can use
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="mkvsource" />
      <splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
      <video>
        <video videocodec="mpg2" filter="ffdvideodec" />
        <video dxva="true" filter="coreavcvideodec" />
        <video filter="coreavcvideodec" />
      </video>
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>

Not sure about the "mpg2" part, may be "mpeg2" or "mpeg", just try

PS: Please enable the debug option. Your log is useless otherwise
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Hi, thanks, for the buil i use an old one because the new build with the new scrape system don't work with italian site like movieplayer.it.

I have try with all the 4 part ( mpg , mpg2, mpeg, mpeg2 ) but no one work, same problem.

Sorry, i will enable the debug log now.
oldpainless Wrote:Thread header updated - let me know if I missed anything.

K

Everything there that I can think of at the moment - thanks Nod
Hi People....please be gentle, just trying to get my head round all this. Also just learning all the terminology so bare with me :o

Have just installed Rev29166 and wondering if I have things set up properly.

Currently I am only watching SD movies which have been ripped to Video_TS folders - not even sure Dsplayer actually does anything with these but believe it should be using ffdshow (which I setup following this guide)

This is what I see by pressing "O"

Audio Decoder: Mpa Decoder (Dolby AC3, 48000 Hz, 2 Channels) | Renderer: Default Direct Sound Device
Video Decoder: mpeg2 Video Decoder (MPEG2, 720x576) | Real FPS: 24.92
Splitter: DVD Navigator | Video renderer: VMR9 (Renderless)
W(fps:25.00 CPU 2 Core(s) average 14.1% )

Is that what I "should" be seeing or do I need to make some changes somewhere for optimal performance??

Cheers

Chub
Cangio87 Wrote:Hi, thanks, for the buil i use an old one because the new build with the new scrape system don't work with italian site like movieplayer.it.

I have try with all the 4 part ( mpg , mpg2, mpeg, mpeg2 ) but no one work, same problem.

Sorry, i will enable the debug log now.

Cangio - I have mkv's similar to yours which I have ripped using MakeMKV (Straight rip DVD mpeg2 files within mkv containers). Although I don't use coreavc (I couldn't get it to play nicely with any of my files) I have my config set-up to play

mkv-mpcvideodec
mpg, mpeg2 - cyberlinkvideodec

As I say I couldn't get coreavc to mix with any of my playback combinations - indulge me and change your config file to take out all instances of coreavc in the mkv rule and replace with mpcvideodec. I realise that might not be the way that you want to playback files, having already paid for the corecodec. But, I had issues which were only resolved when I reverted to mpcvideodec and stopped using coreavc.
Chubster Wrote:Hi People....please be gentle, just trying to get my head round all this. Also just learning all the terminology so bare with me :o

Have just installed Rev29166 and wondering if I have things set up properly.

Currently I am only watching SD movies which have been ripped to Video_TS folders - not even sure Dsplayer actually does anything with these but believe it should be using ffdshow (which I setup following this guide)

This is what I see by pressing "O"

Audio Decoder: Mpa Decoder (Dolby AC3, 48000 Hz, 2 Channels) | Renderer: Default Direct Sound Device
Video Decoder: mpeg2 Video Decoder (MPEG2, 720x576) | Real FPS: 24.92
Splitter: DVD Navigator | Video renderer: VMR9 (Renderless)
W(fps:25.00 CPU 2 Core(s) average 14.1% )

Is that what I "should" be seeing or do I need to make some changes somewhere for optimal performance??

Cheers

Chub

Nothing that I can see which requires tweaking - how much more optimal do you want it? Big Grin
LOL...hey you dont know its right unless someone tells ya. I was just expecting to see something about ffdshow in there somewhere ?
Hmm....something is not quite right. When playing with standard DVD Player CPU average is around the same...So does dsplayer not do anything with MPEG2 files?

Also when playing via DVDPlayer the movie fills the screen but when playing via DSplayer there are borders all around??

A few more tweaks, but where?

Ta

Chub
Chubster Wrote:Hmm....something is not quite right. When playing with standard DVD Player CPU average is around the same...So does dsplayer not do anything with MPEG2 files?

Also when playing via DVDPlayer the movie fills the screen but when playing via DSplayer there are borders all around??

A few more tweaks, but where?

Ta

Chub

As far as I am aware the only codec which currently supports hardware acceleration in mpeg2 files is the cyberlink powerdvd codec. So in a standard installation the answer to your question is no - google HD Pack 2.3.

There are issues with pixel ratio and correct aspect ratio playback - Seb is aware and has it on his to-do list, though not as a high priority. Wink

In the meantime I just use the zoom command, available fron the XBMC Video OSD or by repeatedly scrolling through the various settings using the 'z' key on your keyboard, until you reach the one which you find suitable. These tend to be saved as the setting for that indivdual file, until you upgrade to a new version of xbmc.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0